Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Various Musings and Sundry Ramblings...

Finally, the cold weather is here. And it snowed today! We had about a ten minute snow shower earlier. And just a few minutes ago, it started again. Yay! I love the snow! (You know how I love the weathermen...) Well, the forecast today was for cloudy skies in the morning, mostly sunny by afternoon. No mention of rain. No mention of snow. That's just about always when it happens around here. When they forecast, people get hysterical and it doesn't do anything. Meanwhile, the temps have gone from the lower 70's Sunday afternoon, to expecting a low in the teens tonight. Gotta love that good ol' Alabama weather.

Got a phone call from a good friend today. She had apparently read my "Conflict" entry earlier, and was calling just to make sure everything was OK. How sweet! I am so thankful and blessed to have a few really good friends.

Went to the store today and bought a Mt. Dew and Twix, because "The Dealership" episode of Seinfeld was on last night, where George tries to buy a Twix out of the vending machine, and it gets hung. lol That ep has some of the best one-liners and dialogue in it.

George: You must think I'm pretty stupid. That was no 5th Avenue bar. I can see the crumb right there in the corner of your lip! Now, that is a cookie. And we all know Twix is the only candy bar with the cookie crunch.

Mechanic: It's just a little nougat.

George: Nougat? Please. I think I've reached the point in my life where I can tell between nougat and cookie. So, let's not just say things that we both know are obvious fabrications. lol

**********

George: All I want is my seventy-five cents back, an apology, and for him to be fired! ROFL

Oh, I love it. There was also a commercial for Zoloft during the 10:00 PM Sein last night, which reminded me of Kyle. lol He is always talking about that stuff, but that was the first time I've ever seen it advertised.

"I'm sorry but I'm just thinkin' of the right words to say. I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be. But if you wait around awhile, I'll make you fall for me. I promise you. I promise you, I will..."

No comments:

Post a Comment