Thursday, January 22, 2004

Midday Recapitulation

Waiting for another day of work to expire...

Had a nice conversation with Meredith yesterday morning. Told her about my sister getting married. I said something to the effect of, "So my sister, who is eight years younger than me, is getting married before me." Then this exchange:

Me: "The wedding is July 24th."
Her: "Wow, that's pretty soon."
Me: "Yes, I will be killing myself sometime right around that date." LOL

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Wow, I saw and/or talked to several folks last night. Amber called after church, just as I was getting started. So I told her I'd call her back, but then it was like 9:45 when I got home, so I figured she'd be in bed. Ran into Jonathan at the grocery store. Asked if he'd killed any deer this year. He said he hadn't even seen one. Hmm, maybe I should fix him up with Jessica (#3). She was talking about going hunting last weekend. Then, at the gas station, Mandy was yelling at me from inside. So I went in and she wanted to ask me something. Then DC called as I was finishing up to talk about the basketball game. Bama pulled out a close one, 45-42. I may try to get tickets to a game here before long. Might call my cousin and see if he wants to go to one, since he's already down there.

Anyway, I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be helping Dad. He has scheduled his surgery for March 4th, I think. After some rehab, hopefully, he'll be good as new, or at least vintage used. And since that was the reason I started helping him in the first place, I'm not sure how that's going to work out. We'll see. Either way is fine with me, really. I may try to find a second (or third) job pretty soon, whichever the case may be.

Looks like a lot of folks have backed out of the near-a-lake-house trip. So I'm not sure if I'm even going now. It's down to Shane, Tammy, Melody, and Kyle. We'll see. I didn't really wanna stay two nights. Then again, what am I gonna do if I stay around here? I'm probably 75-25 leaning towards not going right now.

A couple of good Seinfelds were on last night (of course, aren't they all good). In "The Beard", Elaine tries to convert a gay guy:

Jerry: You realize you're venturing into uncharted waters?
Elaine: I realize that.
Jerry: Are you that desperate?
Elaine: Yes, I am.

And Kramer sets George up with a bald woman...

George: I got rejected by a bald woman. A bald woman rejected me. You like that one? A woman with no prospects and no hair told me that I wasn't her type. Apparently, "Baldy" likes a slimmer guy.

The a classic from season two, "The Busboy," was on. lol George gets this busboy fired, then goes to apologize to him, leaves his apartment door open, and the guy's cat runs off.

"But it's not so bad. You're only the best I ever had. I don't want you back. You're just the best I ever had..."

No comments:

Post a Comment