Friday, January 09, 2004

A Friday Haiku 4 U

Charlize Theron was
On the daily show last night
That made me happy

Maybe I should start a regular feature: Tuesday's Tanka. "Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese. I really think so."

You know when you are feeling a bit confused, like everything in your life is spinning out of control, there is nothing like a nice, calm, normal blog entry, free of controversy, bitterness, and strife, to set everything straight.

Today is shaping up to be very busy at work. I'm not looking forward to it, but at least it's Friday. Went to play some billiards last night. Did OK, although not playing as well as I was a few weeks ago. This other guy was up there, James. So I shot a game with him. Went to Applebees for dinner after that. Sat with Donna. They have a new menu insert, with like 3 or 4 combos. You get an entree, an appetizer, and a dessert, all for $10.99. Not too bad. Of course, after eating my fiesta lime chicken cheese quesadillas, I had little room for dessert, but the raspberry cheesecake was both smooth and tangy. Beth and Jessica were both working. Looks like Beth isn't mad at me anymore, thankfully. Jess came by to chat for just a bit. Chatted with Bunny on the phone. She is doing better, back in Va.

Had a MEGA-SUPER-WEIRD DREAM last night: I was going somewhere, and to get there, I mostly had to go on backroads around here. Well, at this one turn by this house, the road was blocked by this heavy equipment. (I was walking, by the way). So the only way around was to go around the side of the house. But to get there, you had to walk-a-tightrope on this like eight inch wide brick wall. Well it was only like a foot off the ground from the front. But once you were on it, there was like a 20 foot drop off to a concrete floor on the other side. Well I got around anyway. So later, the drop-off was so great, I was going to show it to the parents of one of my friends from high school, whom I haven't seen in probably 8-9 years. Well I was walking with him Mom along the front of the house, and his Dad was about to step up on the brick wall. So he steps on it, loses his balance, falls over the other side, down the big drop-off, and dies. So, now I'm thinking it is all my fault, because I took them out there to show it to them. Then later, he appears to us and tells me everything is OK.

What is the freakin' deal with these freaked out dreams?!?!!? I gotta get off all this medication. lol OK, I don't know why I felt the need to share that dream, but I did. The only part that sorta makes sense is the backroads, because James, who turns out to be from around the same area as me, was talking about a pool hall he'd heard about and was trying to explain to me how to get there, and I was having to picture all these backroads. Oh well. I gotta get busy.

"I should be sleeping, 'stead of keeping these late hours I've been keeping. I keep pacing and retracin' every step of every move. And even though I'm feeling so right. I'm so happy, still I know I, should be sleeping instead of dreamin' about you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment