Tuesday, January 20, 2004

A Blog Entry by Robert Smigel

(If you know who that is, you could win a free three-month membership to my blog...)

Here's the random fact of the day... Eight people per day go to the hospital with injuries resulting from vending machines. They're death traps, people. This should be Bush's number one concern tonight. Vending machines are taking away jobs from convenience store clerks, and they're injuring innocent Americans. So be careful. If you're candy doesn't come out, don't try to reach your arm inside the machine. Just stand there and yell, "Jump!" TWIX!!!!!

Seriously, we were talking politics yesterday and my sister asked me, "Well what would you do if you were President?" That's something to think about. What would be say your top five priorities? Or ten? What would you do differently that our current President? Those are some good things to think about. Know what's important to you, rather than just voting and following blindly after some politician or political party. Speaking of tonight's speech, Giggle Chick posted a cute comic today relating to that.

Remember when you were a kid and you begged your parents to take you to McDonald's so you could get a Happy Meal and a prize, and they'd hardly ever take you. Instead, they'd scream and yell at you that you were a bad kid and that you were the reason they couldn't afford all the things they wanted, and.... Oh, sorry. I thought I was on the therapist's couch there for a moment.

Back to blog-ality... Anyway, my point is that fast food (or, good food quickly as Seth at Kenny Rogers' Roasters says) really isn't very good. Yet, we just continue to eat it. Are we too busy? Are we too lazy to cook? Ponder...

Doin' laundry today. Yay. Watched a bit of "Average Joe" last night. I could really maybe get into that reality show, but just knowing they're going to eventually bring the model guys in kinda ruins it. I dunno. I think I did realize at least one reason why people watch these shows. If you don't have anything to do during the week, there is like nothing else on. Monday is usually like my only completely free night, and so I was just flipping thru the channels when I woke up from my nap, and that was it.... reality shows. Fear Factor, American Idol, My Big Fat Obnoxious Stupid Ugly Retarded Fiance, and Average Joe... and those are just the ones I flipped across.

"Someday, somehow, gonna make it alright, but not right now. I know you're wonderin' when. You're the only one who knows that..."

No comments:

Post a Comment