Friday, January 16, 2004

It's the Little Things

Some little things that I enjoy:

- Seeing Wil Ferrell do his Harry Caray impersonation... lol
- Watching billiards on TV
- The smell of a freshly opened can of tennis balls
- Driving down a highway, hundreds of miles from home, as the sun sets. There's an inexpressable feeling of freedom and adventure in that
- Playing with my dog
- Bunny rabbits
- Being outside on a clear night look at the stars
- Spending the night in a hotel
- Cherry pie...mmmm
- Any Seinfeld episode
- Snow (as rare as it is around here)
- Sitting on a beach with my feet buried in the sand, listening to the waves crashing
- Listening to a Matchbox Twenty CD
- Having pizza delivered
- Writing (wish I was good at it)
- Saturdays with no work
- Watching birds sitting on a power line
- Hanging out with friends, often reminiscing about the past
- Watching an Alabama football game (seems I used to enjoy these A LOT more though... lol)
- Going out and running into people I know, esp. someone I haven't seen in awhile
- Discussing sports (with someone who at least halfway knows what they are talking about)
- Hot chocolate with lots of tiny marshmallows
- Watching "Welcome Back, Kotter" lol
- Playing softball
- Listening to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" album, and singing out loud when no one can see lol
- Cuddling up with a cute feminina on the couch, and just staying in for the night, renting a movie or something
- Listening to older people tell stories about the past
- A glazed, creme-filled doughnut from Krispy Kreme... mmmm
- Bowling (even though I haven't been in over a year)
- Opening a big bag of Doritos, popping open a Sun Drop and lying on the couch for an hour, watching TV (actually don't do that often, but I enjoy it when I do)

"Sometimes I feel a wave of the past break in my mind. And I know it's gone for good. And it makes me want to cry. Is this all we get to keep as the years go rolling by? Just the memories of all the days gone by..."

No comments:

Post a Comment