Thursday, January 08, 2004

Much Random Blogness

The thoughts of a blogger, blogging away while exploring the vast, barren surface of Mars... "Ooo look! Another reddish-brown rock!"

Letterman had a good top ten last night. The two newest baseball Hall of Fame inductees, Paul Molitor and Dennis Eckersley read them. It was like "Ten Things I Can Reveal Now That I'm in the Hall of Fame." And on one of them, Molitor was like "I joined a gym, just so I can continue to shower with men." ROFL WOOOOOOOO!!!

K and I were talking yesterday about attitude. If we go into something with the wrong attitude, expecting the worst from someone or something, that's probably what we'll get. As an example, I used this: If you go into work everyday with the attitude "I hate my job," you're not going to perform well. You're never going to enjoy your job. And, in extreme cases, that could even lead to you losing that job. Now, as K said, that is an obscure example, but I think we can see the point.

No one wants to be around someone who has a rotten attitude. Some people are critical of everything and everyone. Some people are always depressed, some always complaining. But some people have the ability to make a room brighter, just by their presence. Why? Most likely because of their attitude. A positive outlook, a few words of encouragement, or just a simple smile, can cheer up others and will make you (and me) a more enjoyable person to be around. A good attitude helps us in relationships, our jobs, even in worship.

In other news, had a singing service at church last night. Worked in the coooold after that. Brrrrr. Tried a Healthy Choice meal last night, with roast beef, potatoes, carrots, and this apple crunch dessert thing. It was quite tasty. I think I like those better than Lean Cuisine's now. I'll have to change my endorsement contract. LOL Seriously though, it was only 300-and-some-odd-calories. Of course, they were military-like rations. But nonetheless. Having eaten that, along with Subway the night before, I felt the urge to go to McD's for a large fry and coke after I finished up with work last night. Gotta get my fat content up to a healthy level.

You ever notice how when a woman finds a shirt/blouse/sweater she likes, she'll buy like two or three or four of it, just in different colors? Just a random observation.

Oh!!! Charlize is on Regis & Kelly this morning, and The Daily Show tonight. *Sigh* Love ya, baby! Wanna get married like Britney and Jason, except for about 49 years, 364 days longer?

"So what now? It's plain to see we're over. And I hate when things are over, when so much is left undone. So I say what about Breakfast at Tiffany's. She said I think I remember the film. And as I recall I think we both kinda liked it. And I said well that's the one thing we've got..."

No comments:

Post a Comment