Friday, January 30, 2004

A Blogger's Lament

I wanted to have the best blog in the world. I wanted people to read my blog and think, "Wow, I wish my blog was that good." I wanted my blog to make a difference. I dreamed wonderful blog dreams. I had ideas, hopes, plans for my blog. In fifty years, when the word "blog" was mentioned, I wanted them to think of me, of my blog. But, alas, it was not to be. Maybe I tried too hard. Maybe I didn't try hard enough. Maybe I dreamed too high. Maybe I flew too close to the sun on wings of minutiae. What? And one of my basic theories of blog is and always will be: If you can't have the best blog, why have a blog at all? So, this is it--the end. I hope maybe one day some of you will enter my URL and get a little sad when error 500 unknown host pops up. I hope you remember all the good entries and don't dwell on the bad. But that's it. I've done all I can do.

OK, just kidding. But that would be a pretty good final blog post, doncha think?

Thursday recap: Billiards transpired last night. Played OK a couple of games. Split six games. Sort of getting that "I've reached a plateau" feeling again, and to get better I'm gonna have to play more than 5 or 10 games a week. Went to Applebees for dinner.

Applebees update:
There is a new server there who looks exactly like a younger Shane. Wow! I'm gonna have to take my camera up there next time. I mean, exactly! His mannerisms, his haircut, everything.

Informed Donna that we probably need to break Devin into the rotation of servers. I realized last night, Davina is doing her clinicals, Jess is working 12 hour shifts at her other job, and I never see Tonya anymore, so we're basically down to D, Bef, and Kristiner. Devin recognizes us now. She's cute. She was a hostess for awhile and has moved up to server. I can see this conversation:

"Uh, Devin, good news. You've been promoted."
"Promoted? To what?"
"You've now been moved up to the J & K select rotation of servers." LOL

"I don't think you notice, when you see my face. I guess you're waiting to spin me around again. Wheels I guess are turning, somewhere inside my head. I know that this is, deeper than you get. But you're coming back again. You don't mean to waste my time..."

No comments:

Post a Comment