Thursday, January 29, 2004

Lunch lady land...

I was singing Sandler's Lunch Lady Land song yesterday, the "Sloppy Joes, slop, sloppy joes" part, and my sister looks at me and goes, "Have you gone crazy?" LOL

Speaking of, here's a story from my past...
In elementary school, we had this noise meter, which was in the form of a traffic light. And when the lunchroom got too loud, the light would go red, and this very large teacher we had would stand up and at the top of her lungs, yell, "IT'S REDDDDDDD!!!" And we couldn't talk anymore. Then after a couple of minutes, they'd let us talk again. I never understood why you couldn't talk at lunch. I mean, you have to be quiet all freakin' day, can't they let you talk for thirty minutes? It wasn't like people were running up and down the aisles with AK-47's or anything. The other thing was, you could adjust the sensitivity meter on the light, and if one of the teacher's was in a bad mood, they could just set it really high and it would always go red. That's a sad little story, isn't it? So whatever I am today comes from growing up under those neo-fascist rules.

And now it's time for "Playing Cranium with a bunch of white people":

So there's this one part of cranium where you describe a famous person. You can talk and move, but you can't say names of people or places. So here were my clues:

"I am the godfather of soul."
"I was in prison for awhile, and people wore t-shirts that said, free me."

OK, now can you not guess who that is? No one at the lake house knew who I was talking about. I would think the first clue would be a dead giveaway. Oh well. Of course, this story made me think of that. Wow! Exactly how do you get your hair to do that?

"Well I know I disappeared a time or two. And along the way I lost me and you. I needed a new town for my new start. Sellin' VCR's in Arkansas at a Wal-Mart. I haven't had a drink in nineteen days. My eyes are clear and bright without that haze. I like the preacher from the Church of Christ. Sorry that I cried when I talked to you last night..."

No comments:

Post a Comment