Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Could it be I'm haunted?

I've just made this astounding discovery... John Kerry looks like a cross between Jay Leno and Ted Danson (early "Cheers"-era TD).

The secretary walked in yesterday and was like, "It's snowing." I was like, "Really?" I went to look. Just a few flurries, but that's a big deal around here. I said, "Well thanks for telling me. I can't really tell what's going on outside from here in the inner confines of the compound."

Must start running more regularly. It's just soooo cold. I'd like to run in a couple of races this year maybe, at least our local one. I missed it last year. I've actually won a couple of age-group trophies before, so maybe that's a hidden talent of mine. LOL

I really respect people who have lost a lot of weight. It takes a lot of discipline. I think a lot of times being fat comes down to just being lazy. I mean, 6'1" and 180 is not that bad, I tell myself. Yet, I've gained 15-17 pounds over the past year and a half. So that needs to stop. My diet is not that bad. I don't eat a lot at meals. My problem is in-between snacks.. doughnuts, Little Debbies, soft drinks, etc. I need to cut way back on that. Sometimes it's like a habit, more than being hungry. Like if I'm at home, I feel the need to go get something to nibble on, like I can't just sit there for a couple of hours without having a soft drink or snack.

I'm sure the whole nature hike helped this weekend. I wish I could do something like that every weekend.

Had a dream about Jen last night. What is the deal with dreaming about ex-girlfriends? Maybe it's because Valentine's Day is coming up, and my subconscious is trying to get me on the ball. LOL She was really the last girl who was like head over heels in love with me. Seems like that was a long time ago, even though it's just been a few months. I guess I thought we'd just be better off as friends, because we had tried dating a couple of times before and it had not worked. Oh well, I guess I blew that, too. I don't even think the last couple of girls I've been out with even liked me very much. LOL At least, they never asked me out again or anything. Oh wait. ROFL

On a semi-related note, can the fact someone loves you and treats you well make you fall in love with them? I think so. I mean, you might not be head over heels for someone, but they show you so much love unconditionally, there comes a point where you can't help but return it. Well, maybe not in every case. On the other hand, you might fall for someone right off the bat, but if they treat you like crap, that feeling slowly goes away. Oh well. I think I'm just gonna stop sleeping so I won't have these dreams.

How long can a person go without sleep before it kills them? We'll soon find out. What?

"When I like them, they don't like me. When they like me, I don't like them." (G. Costanza) LOL

"There's every good reason, for letting you go. She's sneaky and smoked out. And it's starting to show..."

No comments:

Post a Comment