Thursday, January 08, 2004

A Frivolous Suit and more...

Man threatens to sue after receiving free cable.

Ah, remember the good ol' days, when you were just happy to get free cable? That's the same as going to McDonald's, getting an extra Big Mac, and suing them because you're fat. lol Ever heard of turning the TV off? What about his wife and kids? "My wife is fat and my kids are lazy." ROFL

Stopped off to air up my tire after work. Sure I could just buy new tires, but that's nearly $500, plus life is more fun this way. lol Got paid. Ran by the bank. They have been really slow lately. All new tellers, and they're all slooooooow. It takes like 3-5 times longer now than it did about two months ago. Wah wah. Enough whining.

Spent a few minutes today, searching for blogs to read regularly. I'd like to find about 4 or 5 more to read. Looking for interesting and/or humorous blogs, updated at least fairly frequently, from somewhat normal people. And at least a few from around this area. I just don't go for a ton of cursing. I found about 15 that I'm going to go back over and narrow down to five. The thing is, most of my closer friends don't blog. Don't ask me why. It would be great if they did. If you have a blog and semi-regularly read mine, shoot me an email (jstowry@aol.com) so I can check out your blog.

Some things I'm thankful for...

I'm thankful that I sleep well at night. If I wake up before morning, I always go right back to sleep. I think one of the worst things would be to have major problems sleeping every night.

I'm thankful I can urinate properly, and pain-free. After having that UTI last year, well, that's one thing I'll never take for granted again.

I'm thankful that I have never read or saw a Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings book/movie.

And I'm thankful that I haven't gotten sucked in to any of the reality shows. I have occasionally watched one in passing, but never gotten to where I watched weekly or nightly to keep up with what was going on.

I'm thankful Charlize is on The Daily Show tonight. I'll be even more thankful if I remember to watch it. I think I'm about to go play some billiards, always kind of an early weekend kickoff. Looks like some wintry weather is possible tonight. A quarter-inch of snow is huge news around here. We'll see.

"That's just a dirt road, summer 89. That's just a back seat, and some muscadine wine. That's just auburn hair brushin' cross my cheek. And those kiss-me green eyes smilin' back at me. That's just my mind, jumpin' fences once again. I'll be fine once I get it rode back in. I know sometimes I may act a little crazy... but that's just Jessie..."

No comments:

Post a Comment