Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Man carries 70 pound dog to safety

OK, this is not a news story. This is my life. LOL This happened last week, but I didn't have time to post it before the lake house trip.

So I'm cleaning out the dog pen, I think it was Thursday, when Sam (that's my lovable dog's name) gets loose. Well he's running around the neighborhood with reckless abandon, marking his territory, going and taunting the other dogs who are penned up. So I decide to just finish cleaning, then I'll begin the roundup, cos sometimes he'll come back on his own, cos he's old and he gets tired really fast. But this time he's not back so I have to go traipsing around the neighborhood. I finally find him, across the street, and two houses down, in someone's backyard "talking" to their dog, who is behind a fence. Now, my dog will not come when you call him. He might look at you, but he won't come to you. So the only way we've ever had of getting him when he gets away like this is to pick him up and carry him. So I pick him up and have to carry him all the way back. I don't know how much my dog weighs, but he isn't light, plus he's not very cooperative because I just picked him up when he was chatting with this girl dog. Anyway, we finally make it back. My sister has come outside now and she is laughing at me. And I tell him, "That's it buddy. You're never getting out again." LOL But I can't be mean to him, cos he's so old and he's been such a good dog, ya know.

Well, that's my story. It would've been much funnier if you could've seen it.

"Sunshine and blue sky days I thought would never end. And falling so deep in love with your very best friend. Oh, I don't know how to get back there again..."

No comments:

Post a Comment