Monday, December 08, 2003

Wouldn't it be nice..

...if it were Friday, then we wouldn't have to wait so long.

I'm gonna have a couple of rantages in here. lol Firstly, about the drivers this morning. If your vehicle will not easily fit between the painted lines on the road, then please drive it on a wider road, or at least keep it off of two-lane roads. If you simply can't keep your vehicle between the lines with any regularity, maybe you should go back to GED school... or CDL school.. whichever. Wow, that felt good. Second rant (on tipping) is below.

Looks like a pretty calm Monday, so far at least. I cracked up reading J-Mo's blog. lol He offered a disclaimer to make sure everyone knew that he wasn't the person I was referring to who was dating the 16 year old. I don't know why anyone would think that anyhow. LOL I was just looking at these search strings to my blog:

"fights on Krystal restaurant property"
lyrics + "I want you" + "Just go ahead now"
slang for "give me the slip"

Well, as for the latter, I think that can be referred to as "pulling an Erin." lol

Headed to APPLEBEES for dinner last night. Sat with JESSICA. She has quickly become one of my favorites up there. Found out she lives in the same apartments where DONNA used to live. It's true we get benefits up there. But there are two underlying facts that most people tend to overlook. First, I've been going up there probably an average of twice a week or more for over four years. It takes awhile to obtain that "regular" status. And secondly, and most importantly, we take care of the servers. For example, I tipped 26% last night, and that was probably the lowest I have tipped up there in a long time. I'd say normally I tip between 30-50%. I probably tip 20-25% most other places. So naturally, it increases up there. So in reality, are we really getting that much of an overall discount? Probably not as much as you might think. But that's not the point. Wherever you go, remember, at most of these types of restaurants, the servers make like $2 an hour wages. The majority of their pay comes from tips. So when you tip $2 on a $20 check, shame on you, el-cheapo. And be aware, the Tip Patrol is coming after you.

"Well it doesn't show signs of stoppin', and I brought some corn for poppin'. The lights are turned way down low. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..."

No comments:

Post a Comment