Friday, December 05, 2003

Are you married yet?

Why is it this is the first question I get when talking to someone I haven't talked to in six months or a year or more? MICHELLE, a girl I used to work with, called today. I haven't talked to her in probably close to a year. The first questions out of her mouth were: "Are you married yet?" "Are you engaged?" Then she commented "Wow, you're gonna have a sad Christmas." lol Gee, thanks. To top it off, she followed up with "Well there aren't too many good girls out there. Good luck." Thank you very much.

A funny thing happened on my way out of Wal-Mart last night. The security alarm sounded as I passed thru and this guy asks for my receipt. He's like "Oh, it's probably this Britney Spears CD" and gives me a look like, yeah, I know why you bought that. lol Actually, I bought it as a gift for someone. (Someone I hope doesn't read my blog.) I wouldn't spend $15 on that for myself.

In other news, I have had success with the tips for not getting shocked when you get out of your car which I posted a couple of days ago. Try 'em. They worketh.

Still no word on Dru :-( They set bail at $5 million for this dude. Good. I can't help but be reminded of that Seinfeld bit when he's talking about the wanted posters. Something like "Why didn't you just hold on to this guy when you were taking his picture?"

"I miss my Smoky Mountain home, and I miss your lovin' too. And it's deep inside of me. And it's always gonna be. Cos this ain't Tennessee...and she ain't you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment