Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Sick ward update...

Frank: Two months ago, I saw a provocative movie on cable TV. It was called "The Net", with that girl from the bus. I did a little reading, and I realized, it wasn't that farfetched.
George: Dad, do you know what it takes to compete with Microsoft and IBM?
Frank: Yes, I do. That's why I got a secret weapon--my son!

Yes, I watched "The Net" last night on TBS. Yes, I've seen it multiple times before, but come on, it's Sandra. I can't think of anything better to make sick boy well ;-)

I left work about an hour or so early yesterday. I just couldn't sit there anymore. Ran by and got some stew on my way home. Ate that, drank some Nyquil, and napped from about 2:30 until around 5:00. Pretty much just laid around the rest of the night. I slept a lot better last night than I did Sunday night, so maybe that means I'm getting better. Just keeping myself on a steady diet of spearmint Halls, Nyquil, and TheraFlu. I think I have/had a touch of the flu. Had a little fever, sore throat, cough, chills, and some aches.

Anyhow, I am at work again, even though I know I need to be home resting. Maybe I'll leave a little early again. Wow, I'm sure this update on my condition is very exciting to everyone else. lol

Oh! I can't forget this... there was this old, skinny guy dressed up in a Santa outfit Sunday night at APPLEBEES. He came over to our table and was like talking to KYLE and said something to the effect of, "You guys having a good time?" Kyle was like, "Oh yeah." And he was like, "No beer on Sundays" like he was disappointed he couldn't throw one back. ROFL I was thinking, Dude, there's kids at the very next table, like three feet away. Funny quote: "I'm not sure I'm comfortable eating candy I got from a skinny, old stranger with a fake beard dressed in a red suit."

"I keep tellin' myself, this is the right thing to do. I was wastin' her time, waitin' on dreams that just weren't comin' true. This old highway, seems to understand. Leadin' me on to somewhere that no one knows my name. Got the window rolled down. Got the radio up. I'm doin' all I can, to get my mind off us..."

No comments:

Post a Comment