Friday, December 26, 2003

Happy "Return All Your Crap And Get Money Back" Day

Well, yesterday was a big day, no doubt. My little baby sister got engaged :'( I guess that was the big news in our family. Mom is tore up. She broke down into tears two different times while we were on the phone yesterday. I guess selfishly, I'm afraid I won't get to see her much once she's married. We have just really become close in the past couple of years. I think how I feel might be a little bit like how a dad feels when his daughter is taken away. But, alas, very few have the skill and talent to stay single thru their twenties like me. lol

For Chri-muh, I got way more than I deserve. Here are a few items:
Olympus D-560 digital camera (Yes, I'm only lagging 8-10 years behind in technology)
HP Photosmart 7350 Printer
5 pc. luggage set
NCAA Football 2004 for XBox (I have the mind and body of a 17 year old)
A new wallet (which also serves as an organizer, filing cabinet, and friend... lol)
A navy Dockers jacket
More clothes

Among the small gifts that I really enjoyed were my Don Henley's Greatest Hits CD. Oh man, I'll be jamming to that for awhile! And my sister found an old Mattel Football game that she got for me. Also got a Nelly CD. Umm, some sheets for my bed, a small space heater, a calendar, and that's all I can think of right now. Oh, and some cash, of course.

Anyway, Mom fixed dinner yesterday, so I went over there and we ate about 1:30 or 2. I was in charge of carving the turkey. So about halfway thru, it falls off the counter into the kitchen floor :-O Oops. Sowwy, Mom :-\ Anyway, the part that didn't fall in the floor was good. lol And she had baked a ham anyway. I got home about 6:00 I guess. Put a few things up, but I'm leaving most of the cleaning till this weekend. I need to throw a bunch of clothes away, maybe take some to Goodwill. Need to clear some space.

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. I told you it'd be here and gone before ya knew it.

"But happily ever after fails, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales. The lawyers dwell on small details, since daddy had to fly..."

No comments:

Post a Comment