Friday, December 12, 2003

Dru Update

Still haven't found her :-(

More sadness... found out this morning that one of our clients apparently shot and killed herself overnight last night. It's tragic. Obviously, I don't know the circumstances, and would be remiss to speculate, but it does seem like more people are depressed this time of year. I've always heard New Years is like the day more suicides are committed than any other. Anyway, it is sad.

I'm sure most of us have had someone come to us when they were really depressed, and to some degree had considered taking their own life. I always just try to point out the good that I can see in them and their life. Tell them that I genuinely care about them. I'm not a psychiatrist, but it seems that most of the time it is just a short-lived deep, dark feeling of hopelessness, and for a short while, maybe an hour, maybe a day, maybe a week, they really feel that dying is better than anything that could come from living. But once you can get them thru that, a lot of the time, they can look back and see how crazy that was. At least that's been my experience. I love for people to come to me with any problem. Well, I don't love it, because I hate that people have problems. But man, that is a tough situation to be put in, because you don't want to say the wrong thing, and you feel pressure to say something to change their mind and get them to think rationally. Sorry if this was depressing. But it's real, ya know.

"But it's over now. And I don't know how, to get it back to good..."

No comments:

Post a Comment