Monday, December 29, 2003

Hello, I'm Ran Dather and this is your B(log)BS morning news...

Got some of what I needed to get done yesterday. Went running for the first time in a while. Went to the car wash, washed and vacuumed the truck. Today, I must clean up the Christmas mess.

OK, that's about it. lol Let's see... I'm thinking of trying to send my camera back, because of it's extremely short battery life. Although these NiMH batteries seem to be working a little better. I went to JACK'S last night to get some chicken for dinner, cos I don't wants me no mad cow 'sease. Something about the thought of having my brain eaten away doesn't appeal to me... it's a little too Hannibal Lechter-ish for me. I talked to MATT about New Year's plans. I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to go up to Nashville with my other friends, because of work and such. We'll see how that all pans out in the next two days. I hope I can go, but otherwise, I don't want to be left sitting home if I'm around here, so I'm trying to make alternate plans.

Again, it was really great watching the video Saturday night. I think all three of us had at least one ex in there... Meredith, Ann, and Kevin. lol There were actually quite a few "guest" characters in there, some I'd almost forgotten about, some who are still part of my life, and lots of Applebees servers... lol--Namie, Donna, Sarah, Solita, Cassie, Teri, Michelle, Kristy, Veronica, Shama, etc.

I keep having random thoughts about the video:

- Two surprises on the video for me were the sitcom pilot that we filmed back in about 2000 (I didn't figure anyone had kept that footage, for obvious reasons), and the bit Kyle and I filmed in Saraland. lol I still can't believe he put that on VHS and gave it to her. lol WOOOOOOO!!! I think this is the first time that footage has ever been seen by anyone other than me, Kyle, Sarah, and the local authorities. What?

- It was neat that Bunny's Mom was like, "He looks like he's weighing the sugar" when she was watching the pilot, since that was what we were trying to get across.

- There's nothing like spending time with good friends. That's what it's all about. And I'm glad we have most of our lives on videotape. lol Seriously though, I wish we had the '99 Braves/Six Flags trip on there, and the '99 beach trip, as well as some footage of Liz and Meesh. AND the first Opryland Hotel trip, when Kevin went AWOL. lol

- I didn't realize Solita used to come to our Applebees gatherings so frequently.

- Namie's tennis commentary was pretty good. And I had forgotten all about the girl in the yellow shorts. ROFL

- We were watching Ann on video, and Bunny said to Kyle, "And YOU broke up with HER?" ROFL WOOOOOOOOO!!!

- We deduced most of the funny stuff that was said usually came from me and Bunny. Kyle normally had the camera, at least 75% of the time. Shane is definitely the most "off the wall". lol And Melody wasn't that funny, except when she was fighting with Shane or hitting people. Hmm.. violent. lol

- The best stuff came when someone had just turned on a camera and we were all sitting around doing nothing.

- I had forgotten all about the "Blair Witch" excursion to Bankhead. That was pretty good. lol

Funny quotes and dialogue from the video:
"Melody, does Big and Red mean anything to you?"

"It's a contest, will Shane get out of the parking lot first, or will Melody get the Big Red out of her purse first... or will Jeff and Kyle pick up chicks first?" (Melody won)

"Jeff, say something to them." "What should I say?" "Ask them if they enjoyed the giant pandas." ROFL

"It's 11 AM, we're about to wake up Bunny and Melody. We think they're in here. We don't think anyone else is in there, but we're not sure."

"Saraland... a land full of Sara's."

(from the mini-golf course) "Well Dan, it's a terrible scene here. One of our nation's great landmarks has been destroyed by terrorists. As you can see, the top of the Washington monument has been blown off by a ten megaton nuclear bomb. There are no suspects, although we have heard reports of giant gray elephants roaming the streets."

Sometimes I think I want to just move to a metropolitan area, by myself, find a job, an apartment, and just start over. Does anyone else ever feel like that? Do you ever yearn? There's something about this time of year that sort of makes me reflect on my life. I suppose it's because I can see the passing of time so clearly this time of the year, moreso than probably any other time, even my birthday. So we make resolutions, and they get broken, and we usually end up pretty much in the same place again at the end of the next year. But, alas, I think that it is good to reflect. If we never reflected, we'd never improve.

I always do like a year-end email to send to my friends, summarizing the past year, so I need to get started on that. Wow, that was a long entry...

"And I thought of all the bad luck, and the struggles we went through. And how I lost me and you lost you. What are these voices outside loveƕs open door, make us throw off our contentment, and beg for something more? I'm learning to live without you now, but I miss you sometimes..."

No comments:

Post a Comment