Friday, December 05, 2003

Workin' for the weekend...

Things are mostly excellent around here today. Fridays are usually busy here at work. As I was leaving last night, I got some bad news from DONNA. I walked over to said hi to her, and asked about her brother, who had been sick with double pneumonia before Thanksgiving. I just assumed when I asked that she'd say he was fine by now. But she got a very troubled look on her face. He's still hospitalized, and was supposed to undergo more surgery today. He had a collapsed lung. They reinflated it, and then it had a tear in it. There were other complications, too. Sounds bad. Plus, she's having to drive two hours one way to see him. It's like I try to be comforting and say everything will be OK, but I can see she is worried. Makes you really thankful for the health that you do have.

On a lighter note, as DAVINA picked up KYLE'S cash last night, she was like "I'll be right back with your change" and I was like "Oh, just keep it." So after she was out of earshot, he was like "I think you forget I currently have no source of income." ROFL It was funny. It's good to be able to laugh about our troubles sometimes. Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're Rush. Then, the best medicines are apparently Oxycontin, Lorcet, Xanax, and hydrocodone. The most staggering thing about this story to me was that he has a $24 million oceanfront home. Wow!

Another funny analogy that came out of last night. When you are scared, you can say, "I'm more frightened than a little boy spending his first night at Neverland Ranch." ROFL I don't even know what that really means.

As I said in an earlier post, looks like Nashville is out for today, so I've had to rearrange my schedule a bit. Still planning on doing some shopping either tonight or at some point this weekend. I made a dent in things last night. The problem is, I buy too much for people, at least for family. My family has always sort of gone overboard. But it's all about giving, so I guess it's all good. I bought something for myself last night and felt a little guilty about it. I may return it. But, as DAVINA said last night, since you're not dating anyone this Christmas, you can take the money you'd normally spend on them, and spend on yourself. lol Well, I wouldn't go that far. Anyway, this has gotten long. The end.

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Jack Frost nipping at your nose. Yuletide carols being sung by a choir. And folks, dressed up like Eskimos..."

No comments:

Post a Comment