Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Happy Festivus!

Well Festivus has finally arrived. "I got a lot of problems with you people! And now you're gonna hear about it!" lol

The airing of grievances, the feats of strength, the aluminum pole, the Festivus dinner. (sigh) This is what it's all about. A lady brought three plates of candy by work this morning, with MY NAME on them. lol Chocolate and peanut butter fudge, some sort of things that look like rice krispy treats, except they're made with corn flakes, and some sort of sour-tasting peanut butter balls.

You know what's great about women? They know how to fix all these little treats, little whatchamados and thingamabobs. I have no idea what's in this stuff. I just eat it. lol Another thing that's great about women... they always have these little seasonal stamps they buy and put on their cards and letters. And then they even have little stickers they have to seal the envelopes. How cute!

Headed to APPLEBEES for dinner last night. Met KYLE up there. Sat with BETH. Had the nachos. JESS and JADE came by to chat. After that, we cruised over to play some BILLIARDS. KYLE said he had noticed they were open earlier. They're usually closed on Monday and Tuesday nights. I had an unusually good night, won all seven games. I think KYLE was distracted by the uncommon number of hotties in there. That places was crawling with hot, single chicks last night. One weakness I had noticed in my game from the last few times was that I was more often than not left with a tough-to-near-impossible shot on the 8. So I really worked on positioning the cue ball as I was shooting my last ball, to get in good shape on the 8. It seemed to work well, except for a game or two.

Got home around 9:45 and my sister came over to look through some pictures for this thing she is making for Mom for Christmas. It's cool to look thru pictures, but it always leaves me feeling nostalgic and like I wish I could go back sometimes, ya know? Oh well. She also brought me some medicine she thought might help my cold/pneumonia/bronchitis.

In closing, 115 years ago today, on December 23, 1888, in a state of depression, Vincent Van Gogh cut off part of his ear. In tribute, I will also enter a state of deep depression today and attempt to recreate this infamous act. Oh wait.

"So long ago I don't remember when. That's when they say I lost my only friend. Well they say she died easy of a broken heart disease. I listened through the cemetery trees..."

No comments:

Post a Comment