Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Lock... load... blogs away...

Blogging away while somebody somewhere is wondering what percentage of people have actually roasted chestnuts on an open fire...

I want to go caroling. I want to look at Christmas lights. I want to shop. I want to give to a hundred charities. I'm afeared that I have come down with the holiday spirit, my friends. Speaking of, I found this list of the ten most efficient charities, as surveyed by Forbes. They are in alphabetical order:

American Kidney Fund
Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
Brother's Brother Foundation
First Book
Heifer International
International Rescue Committee
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
Marine Toys For Tots
Northwest Medical Teams International
Salvation Army

I made it out for a nice run yesterday. The weather was great. I took the shirt back that they had left the plastic security thingy on. When I walked in, an alarm sounded. lol There were two older women coming out of the store right about the time I walked in, and they stopped and one of them was like, "I think we better go back inside." lol There was a really cute chick working the customer service desk, Leah. She saw me from like 50 feet away and was like, "Someone forgot to take your _______ off." (I can't remember what they call it, officially... lol) I was like, "Yep." So she took care of it for me. Also ran by Wal-Mart to get some stuff last night, wrapping paper, Christmas cards, etc. Went to APPLEBEES for dinner. Sat with BETH. JADE, CHARITY, AMBER, KELLY, and JESSICA were all working. I had the N'awlins Skillet and a salad. Talked to BUNNY for a bit on the phone. My sister wanted me to stop by on the way home, so I did. Ended up having to fix their printer. She was watching "Average Joe" when I got over there, which was funny, because BUNNY had just mentioned it. From the blogs I've read this morning, seems like most everyone was rooting for the average guy and against the pretty-boy. Oh well.

Then something really disturbing happened once I got home and was online. One of my friends was freakin' because he couldn't ask a girl out. lol I'm like, "Dude, if she's been chatting with you for two hours, she will probably go out with you." I tried to help out, but I don't think it did any good. I think maybe she finally asked him out. lol

I dreamed last night my brakes were grinding and two of my tires were completely worn, so I had to get new tires and get the brakes fixed, and it was going to be like 500 bucks here at Christmas-time. Thankfully, I woke up.

"She likes me for me, not because I sing like Pavarotti, or because I'm such a hottie...ooohh. I like her for her, not because she's phat like Cindy Crawford. She has got so much to offer. Why does she waste all her time with me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment