Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Twas the night before Christmas, and all thru the Blog World...

It's Christmas Eve! Also the day after Festivus. See, one of the best things about Festivus is there are no gifts to return the next day. lol Kilborn had a funny one-liner last night in his monologue. "President Bush lit a menorah today in honor of Hannukah. Then he made a wish and blew out all the candles." ROFL

Well, got some news yesterday from one of my friends, Jack. He and Paige are having a baby. Well, she is. They are excited. I told him he could name it anything but Seven. And also that if the baby needed a godfather, I could hold him at the bris, if it's a boy. lol (Those are Seinfeld references. If you don't get them, then you probably don't get half my blog.) She was like "Guess what?" And I said, "Uh oh." She said, "Can you guess?" And I said, "One of you is pregnant?" ROFL She was like, "How'd you know?"

Oh well, let's see, got laundry done. They moved Bible study up to last night I guess so no one would have to miss it. MATT was home from the Navy. He's on like a 10 day leave I think. Seemed to have a pretty good outlook about things. He hasn't changed much, and that was refreshing. He's been gone probably close to a year and a half, and I think he's only been home 2 or 3 times, so it was good to see him.

There is a girl who works at a gas station that I deliver to on Wednesdays and she's been there ever since I've been delivering there, and she's always smiling and she always speaks and she seems to have the greatest outlook on life, and that just really touches me. So I thought I'd share. I mean, I don't know anything else about her. She looks to be in her twenties. I guess she usually works at night. But her positive outlook and cheerful disposition always makes my night a little better.

Chatted with DAVINA online last night. Told her Merry Christmas, since I knew I wouldn't be seeing her til after the holidays. Oh man, someone just called in and called me OJ! ROFL Now I answer to a lot of things... Jeff, JT, Bone, Nibbler, T-Bone. But OJ? ROFL I found that funny. Went by last night and helped my sister with one of the gifts we're "making" for Mom.

I just remembered this funny quote from the other night. From my unemployed friend:

"If we put your two quarters and my two quarters together, we'll have enough for one game of pool." ROFL I don't know why that is funny, but it is.

Sitting here at work. We're supposed to get off at 12, I think. I brought gifts for my co-workers. Gonna try to do some last-minute shopping today. I really could stop, but I might pick up a couple of little extra gifts. Then I'm going to try to have time to watch "Miracle on 34th Street" while I get ready for tonight.

Health update: I'm still coughing. It's a lot worse late at night and when I first wake up in the mornings. Still very dry, like I cough and cough and it does no good. Might go to the doctor once the holidays are over. Halls have become like my fourth food group. I've drank enough Robitussin, Nyquil, and Vicks cough syrup to float a battleship. I think KYLE had a doctor's appointment yesterday. Hope that went OK.

"Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road. Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go. So make the best of this test, and don't ask why. It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time..."

No comments:

Post a Comment