Friday, December 12, 2003

I'm alive

Blogging away while somebody somewhere is wondering why Smurfette was the only female smurf...

Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. I guess when you normally post 3-4 times a day, and you only post once one day, some people begin to grow concerned. But I am here, ready to blog like never before.. whatever that means.

Recapping yesterday. Ran to the grocery store after work. KYLE was online and IM'd me to see if I wanted to shoot some BILLIARDS. Sure, why not. After all, it's good to try new things. Oh wait. lol I played pretty well. That's like the last three or four times I have found some consistency. I'm almost afraid to say anything, because I know one of these crappy times will pop up soon. More on billiards below.

Afterwards, headed over to TAG'S with KYLE, because he had to drop off some DVD's. TAG got this funny look and was like, "Oh, I didn't know Jeff was coming." lol You know what I was thinking? That maybe he'd gotten KYLE a Christmas present and was going to give it to him and he hadn't gotten me one and felt bad. ROFL Anyway, turns out he wanted me to do a little voice work for this intro thing they send to Channel 48. So I did three takes of that.

Dropped by APPLEBEES after that. Sat with DONNA. CHARITY and JESSICA were up there hanging out. So I sat by JESSICA and chatted with her awhile. Had some hot chocolate. She was all huggy when she left, gave me a full-sidal hug. Kewl. I'm not one for turning down hugs from hot chicks. Here's a kinda funny thing that happened... DAVINA had been sitting by me for a few minutes, and for some reason had left her name tag lying there, or it had fallen off or something. Well, she apparently didn't know she had lost it. So I put it on, and before we left I got her attention and pointed to it. She was like, "Whose is that?" and started feeling her chest. lol Then, realizing it was hers, she was like, "How'd you get that without me knowing?" ROFL It was pretty good. I just had this like evil grin. TRACEY was working. That's the chick KYLE is nuts about. Unfortunately, no progress was made on that front, oddly.

Looks like maybe a trip to NASHVILLE will happen tomorrow. I MUST get a large amount of shopping done this weekend.

Another random observation: "Kyle seems a lot happier, well maybe happy isn't the word, but at least a lot less stressed and frustrated, without the burden of having to work eight hours a day... or four hours a day... whatever. lol Wooooooooooooo!!!

OK, back to billiards... Lately I have just been seeing the angles wonderfully. I guess the main thing is just experience. Now, the thing is, once I see the angle, can I actually make the cue ball go where I know it needs to go? Just because you miss a shot doesn't necessarily mean you misread the angle. You could've just pulled off it, or simply not hit the cue ball where your eye was looking. I did cut down on my scratches a lot yesterday. Maybe that's just a blip on the radar, but maybe not. There are so many parts to the game, so many intricacies. I think you just have to add to your game little by little. First get good simply at making balls. Then worry more about english and position, because if you start trying to play a lot of english when you're still not very consistent with ball-making, most of the time you'll run into trouble. If there is a particular shot that gives you a lot of trouble, practice it, over and over and over. Everyone can make simple shots. I mean, not that you shouldn't practice to stay consistent on those. But work on your weaknesses more. At least that's what I try to do. OK, more of my BILLIARDS dissertation later. It's a long uphill climb, sometimes frustrating, but it is good to finally see some tangible progress.

Oh and before I forget, for the child that has everything, check out the Michael Jackson sleepover kit.

Wow, I didn't expect it to be that long. Have a fun-tastic Friday!

"Was it something I said or something I did? Did my words not come out right? Though I tried not to hurt you, though I tried. But I guess that's why they say every rose has it's thorn. Just like every night has it's dawn. Just like every cowboy sings a sad, sad song. Every rose has it's thorn..."

No comments:

Post a Comment