Sunday, December 14, 2003

The worst part...

...of being single is when you're sick :-( I want someone here to take care of me. I always try a mind over body thing when I feel like I'm getting sick. Sort of a "if you think you feel OK, then you will" thing. But truthfully, I have felt worse as the day has gone on.

Anyway, I did make it out to church tonight. I felt so guilty about missing this morning. It's not just church though. I always feel guilty about missing work, even if I'm really, really sick, which is why I have probably taken a maximum of 3 or 4 sick days the last four years. I think I have a problem... my conscience is too demanding. lol

OK, enough whining... I went up to APPLEBEES tonight because they were having their Tips for Charity night. (No, not Charity the waitress. lol) They are sponsoring three needy families in the area at Christmas-time, and so the waitresses basically worked for free tonight, and all the tips go to help out those families. They were ringing the bell in there for everyone who tipped at least $10, so when we paid, Davina yelled out, "Ring the bell for Kyle and Jeff!" ROFL It was funny, for some reason.

Just about everyone was working, so every table had two or three servers helping on it. There was a guy at the hostess station, and he was like, "Smoking or non-smoking?" when I came in. I was thinking, "Just get out of the way and let me see the seating chart." About the time I got a look at it, MICHELLE saw me and she was like, "Just seat him with BETH and DAVINA." lol That worked. JESSICA was in that section too. MARK walked by and was like, "You got all three of them tonight." I guess it has become pretty obvious which servers we usually sit with. lol I told Mark Happy Festivus. ROFL

Anyway, the charity thing was the only reason I went. If it hadn't been for that, I would have come home and rested. Afterwards, I went by and helped MOM wrap some Christmas gifts, cos she's not a wrapper. Just got home about 10:15 and now I am going to take some elixir, lie down and hopefully feel better tomorrow.

Oh, the SEINFELD where George's girlfriend favors Jerry is on right now. A couple of funny scenes...

(In Jerry's apt.)
Kramer: "Well, someone certainly seems to be having a bad day."
Jerry: "Yeah, because of you."
Kramer: "Well then I think one of us should leave."

And they just stand there for a few seconds. lol

Elaine: "George, Janet is nice. She's really a handsome woman."
George: "What is that supposed to mean?"
Jerry: "Yeah, what is that supposed to mean?"
George (to Jerry): "And what do you mean by that?"
Elaine (leaving): "Enjoy..." ROFL

Almost forgot... we nearly recreated the "Parking Garage" episode of SEINFELD yesterday. We drove up three levels, then had to cross over a bridge into an adjoining garage, and drove up a couple more levels. Anyway, when we came out, we ended up walking around the garage, up and down stairs, for about twenty minutes. lol Fun, fun, fun!

"I’ve been trying to get down to the heart of the matter. But my will gets weak, and my thought seem to scatter. But I think it’s about forgiveness, forgiveness, even if, even if, you don't love me anymore..."

No comments:

Post a Comment