Monday, November 17, 2003

Randomness to the Nth degree

Blogging away while somebody somewhere is wondering if the best advice you could give someone at the present time is "Don't eat Mexican food in Pennsylvania."

A couple of funny headers from the Wal-Mart/Playboy thing:
"Playboy steals Wal-Mart's assets"
"Wal-Mart Gone Wild"

In weekend news, I saw someone attempting to "moonwalk" for the first time in like 15 years Friday night. LOL I haven't even heard anyone say the word "moonwalk" outside of a VH-1 Michael Jackson special. Another funny quote from KYLE on Saturday night: "There's girls everywhere... run!!!" ROFL I don't know why that was so funny, but it was.

Actually, being back in the college atmosphere was a bit depressing Saturday night, for some reason. I guess because you know those days are past for you. And you see all those kids with so much youth and vibrance and you think, "Just a couple of years in the workforce will take care of that." LOL

Why do I put LOL's in my blog? So you'll know what I just said was supposed to be funny, I guess. Obviously, I don't think the material alone can make you laugh. It's sort of like a blog "applause" sign. I'm gonna try to cut back.

I've noticed that telemarketer calls at my place have all but stopped. Nice. I'm impressed that the no-call list appears to be working. See? This is what I'm talking about people--common sense legislation that we can all agree on. It's not that difficult. Also had a lower electric bill this month. I guess this wacked-out weather is beneficial in that sense. That's the good thing about temps in the 70's and 80's in October and November. Haven't had to use much heat yet. And not much air lately either.

We were singing the "Wheels on the Bus" song the other night. You know, the kids song... 'The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round...' Well, we couldn't think of all the verses, so we started making up our own. Naturally, I can't publish any of them here. There's something about that bonus room at Shane's that is very conducive to odd behavior.

I weighed the other night. I'm right on the verge of 180, maybe 179. Of course, that was with fairly heavy boots on and winter clothes. Maybe that's it. Anyway, I'm looking to stabilize around 175-180. I think cutting out these between meal snacks would help greatly. It's more of a habit than a hunger thing, I think. I also thought of going without meat for like a week or something, just as an exercise in temperance. I once went without soft drinks for like two or three months. That wasn't too hard. I drank tea, water, kool-aid, milk, etc. The only problem I had was at the movies once. They didn't have anything other than soft drinks, except water, and they were going to charge me $3.50 for a cup of water. Ummm... no. Maybe I should start eating Subway for lunch every day... be like Jared. From the SEINFELD show last year: "Did anyone ever think about the enormous, excessive amount of sandwiches this guy had to eat to get that big in the first place?"

My sister's birthday is tomorrow. So I'm gonna try to take her out to dinner tomorrow night to supplement the gift I got her.

Heidi Klum is supposed to be on Jon Stewart tonight, or the Daily Show, or whatever it's called. I would imagine she would be a very interesting interview. He is genuinely funny. You know, he should have his own show on ABC, rather than Kimmel.

"I don't care what consequence it brings. I have been a fool for lesser things. I want you so bad. I think you ought to know that I intend to hold you for the longest time..."

No comments:

Post a Comment