Wednesday, April 28, 2004

What Would Jerry Do?

Sometimes I think it's not so good that the first question I ask when faced with a decision about a relationship is, "What would Jerry do?" That thought just hit me the other day while I was jamming to my Porter Wagoner Unplugged album. I mean, seriously though, after we broke up, Jen used to say I reminded her of Jerry. At the time, I thought it was just because she thought I was sooo funny. LOL Hmm, I'm sure there's a deeper problem there, but I'm way too scared to dig. Besides, that'll give me something to talk about with the therapist. What?

Well, the Reds gave another one away last night. (I love "reading" the games real-time on mlb.com.) Up 8-6 heading to the bottom of the ninth, they of course lost, 9-8. Choked it away like Portland in Game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference Finals. Still tied for first though, 20 games into the season. Who would've thought that? Stopped by to see Jessica for a bit after work. Her mother had surgery this morning at UAB. I hope and pray everything went well.

I cooked up a delicious hot ham and cheese sandwich for dinner last night (very Quiznos-esque... or not). Also went with the beef stew selection from Chef Dinty Moore's menu of tasty cuisine. I've got so much to do today, it's not even funny. Add to that the fact that I'm on five hours sleep for the 187th day in a row, and well, I have no idea how to finish this sentence. Hey, has anyone tried Zaxby's? I'm sure someone has, the way my friends love to eat out. I think about stopping there everytime I go by, but haven't yet. Sometimes I think about trying Fire Mountain. But it kinda sounds like some sort of hadean-reality amusement park ride. Plus, I'm not a big buffet fan.

Saw a strange commercial last night. I had the volume turned down, but there was a man and woman in a small boat. The boat sprung a leak, and the woman whipped out a Tampax and plugged up the hole. Have you seen this? What the crap? Is that supposed to be some kind of hidden symbolism or something? Or are they now marketing Tampax for its multiple uses, a la WD-40? May as well have a bear bite off half her arm and the guy use his jock as a tourniquet.

"The Barber" was on last night. Not my favorite ep, but I love the bachelor auction when Kramer comes out after all these Ivy League graduates and stuff, and Elaine's describing him:

He's a high school graduate. (Kramer whispers something to her.) Oh, equivalency... high school equivalency program graduate. He's uh, self-employed. Six-foot-three, about 190 pounds. He likes fruit. And he just got a haircut. (Kramer falls off the stage.) OK, why don't we start the bidding. Do I hear five bucks? :-D

"This will all fall down, like everything else that was. This too shall pass. And all of the words we said, we can't take back..."

No comments:

Post a Comment