Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Death of a Computer

Starring Bone, as Biff Loman. What?

How could I forget? Sunday, when I got in from church, I flipped on my computer (as it is apparently trained into my muscle memory to do every single time I come home), and Windows wouldn't start up. I kept getting a couple of different error messages, such as "no fixed hard drive detected." So I immediately go into DEFCON1 panic mode. "Not here, not now," I think to myself. Frantically, I try everything I know (which isn't much) to remedy the problem. Finally, at around 12:30 PM Sunday, April 17, 2004, I pronounce her dead. (corny joke alert!!!) RIP: Meg A. Byte. (told ya) So anyway, I pulled the hard drive out of my old computer and put it in the current computer. After digging out some installation CD's and floppies and drivers and such, all was working well, and I was able to get back online within an hour or so. Whew! I need to upgrade... badly. These Apple 2E's are nice, but, ya know...

In other news, I also failed to report that I bludgeoned myself in the head Saturday while doing some curls. I misjudged the girth of the weight and nailed myself in the forehead. Ow! Got a nice little bump from that.

My pleurisy is acting up again, I think. (Good grief, that sounds like something you'd overhear at a Geritol Convention.) I started getting some chest pain yesterday. Bought some over-the-counter stuff that hopefully will help a little. That prescription anti-inflammatory stuff I got from the doctor that one time was like 90 bucks!

Went to Olive Garden for dinner last night with Jessica. It was good, although the portions were a lot smaller than I remember. We went by Rhodes Ferry for a few minutes. There were some little kids playing on the playground equipment there. This one little boy was like, "No girls in the clubhouse." And I was like, "Yep, that's what happens. We don't let girls hang around with us when we're little, and we spend the rest of our days paying for it." :-) A train came by while we were out there, and I thought about doing a spontaneous test on the train's brakes by stepping out onto the tracks. Wooooooooooo!!!!

Dad called just a little while ago. Looks like I'm gonna start back helping him on Wednesdays after Bible study.

Random, unrelated quotes:
"I'd just rather not talk about my epiglottis malfunctioning while I'm trying to eat."
"I knew something must be wrong, if YOU weren't blogging."
"Uh, I think those two guys are on the wrong side of the river."
"You guys need to plan a lake house trip soon before Melody gets too immobile."
"She said, your heart sure is beating fast." LOL

"We caught up on old friends, caught up on old times, but all thru the small talk, it kept running thru my mind. Does she think about the nights we spent on Crystal Lake, wrapped up in a blanket till the break of day? So many times I've wondered does she think of me that way, but I didn't ask, and she didn't say..."

No comments:

Post a Comment