Wednesday, April 21, 2004

A part of each other

While stretching before going for my run yesterday afternoon, I was thinking to myself, "This is the one thing I got from my Walk, Jog, & Run class at UNA." (Well, that and the fact that my instructor favored Howard Hesseman. LOL) Stretching. How important it is. Maybe not ten years ago, but now, definitely. There is a HUGE difference in how I feel if I forget to stretch before running, playing tennis, softball, or whatever it may be. Anyway, that got me to thinking about all the things we pick up and learn from other people. Maybe it's a certain brand of something that you buy, or the way you dress, or something you eat. Maybe it's a musical artist you enjoy, or a TV show you watch. Maybe it's a little helpful household hint you picked up years ago, the way you prepare a certain food, or the way you make tea, or the way you fold clothes. Maybe it's a phrase you picked up from someone or something you say. I often find myself picking up phrases from people I'm around a lot, starting to talk like them. Kinda scary sometimes. LOL I just think it's neat how we pick up seemingly insignificant habits or traits from other people, and they stick with us for years and years. I know this is nothing new that hasn't been said somewhere by someone before, but just something to think about as you go thru the day. Most everyone we've known or had some type of relationship with becomes and remains at least a small part of who we are.

This has been Deep (or, A Little Less Shallow Than Usual) Thoughts, with your host, Philosophical Bone. Tune in next time, when we'll ponder why women feel the need to have so many different pairs of shoes.

"You see the signs, but you can't read. You're runnin' at, a different speed. Your heart beats, double time. Another kiss, and you'll be mine, a one track mind..."

No comments:

Post a Comment