Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Remember when? No, not really.

If your favorite show in 1984 was Vic's Vacant Lot, then this blog's for you. OK, let's just say if you've ever even heard of Vic's Vacant Lot. I can't believe I'm typing Vic's Vacant Lot.

Vic taught me how to shoot a basketball... for better or worse. Sometimes I miss those early days of ESPN, the early Sports Center, with Tom Mees and George Grande in those tan blazers with the red oval ESPN logo crest. Old school, babee! That's my time. Those are my people. What am I even talking about?

Man, it was windy as the barren surface of Mars during a dust storm today. I was just thinking the other day, we have been really, really blessed this year as far as having almost no severe weather. Usually, we'll have tornado watches once or twice a week during March and April. We've had like none this year. I don't want to speak too soon here, but it has been the calmest spring I can ever remember, by far.

I've noticed my memory has been deteriorating faster than the surface at Martinsville Speedway here recently. Matt was talking about something the other night and was like, we were just talking about that a few months ago. I had no recollection of it whatsoever. Jess has said a couple of things, too, that I don't remember at all. To make matters worse, I have found it is very important when relating to girls that you remember things.

I wonder if there's more to it than meets the eye. Maybe I just don't pay attention when stuff is happening or when someone is talking to me, and that is why I can't remember it. Whatever the case, as I said on K's blog yesterday, I have the memory of a 105-year-old Japanese man who has suffered severe head trauma on an almost daily basis for the past 80 years.

Anyway, it was windy as the barren surface of Mars during a dust storm... oh wait. Watched the Braves-Reds last night. Reds won 3-2. K called yesterday afternoon wanting to go hit tennis, but I was completely worn out for some reason. I felt like Jesse Spano when she came down from her caffeine-pill high on Saved By The Bell. ("I'm so excited." "So Slater was right, you ARE taking pills.") ROFL OK, well maybe I wasn't that tired, but I needed to get laundry done. I did go for a run, as referenced in my previous bloglet.

"She's got a smile that it seems to me, reminds me of childhood memories, where everything was as fresh as a bright, blue sky..."

1 comment: