Wednesday, April 14, 2004

"Chick" cars, bellybuttons, and eating out

Disturbing 'toid of the day: There was a time in my life, spanning a few months, I guess, where anytime I got bored or there was a break in the conversation, I would ask, "Hey, you wanna see my bellybutton talk?" Then I'd proceed to pull up my shirt and make my bellybutton "talk" in a jovial voice. Even more disturbing, several of these incidents are recorded on video for posterity.

Had some stuff to do in town last night, so when I got done I gave K a call. We met at Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. Food was great. Service was OK. I think RT's has become my second choice in Decatur again, though. Logan's has good food, but the service is typically poor. Same with the Barrell. I've eaten entire meals there at least twice and never been offered a refill. And O'Charley's. Let's not even go there. Anyhow, our cute waitress last night was Julie. After she left the first time, K was like, "I think she was at the Bishop Black show the other night." So when she came back, I was like, "Hey, did you go see Bishop Black?" She was like, "Yeah, but I'm not responsible for what I may have been doing." (All the time, she didn't know I wasn't even at the show.) I was like, "That's OK, it's all on camera." ROFL She never came back after that. Oh wait. LOL Just kiddin'.

Parked next to an Alero at the store this morning. So obviously, I was thinking, chick car. And sure enough, when she came out, she was a hottie. That brings to mind a conversation we had Saturday about how many cars we passed that we considered to be "chick" cars, yet there were guys driving them. I think things would be a lot easier if guys were not allowed to buy certain cars. That reminds me, we came up on this red sports car the other day and I was like, "Could be a hottie." K was like "Yeah." Then in the next instant, as we got closer, he was like, "Although the disabled veterans tag isn't very promising." ROFL

"And when your fears subside, and shadows still remain, I know that you can love me when there's no one left to blame. So never mind the darkness. We still can find a way. Cos nothin' lasts forever, even cold November rain..."

No comments:

Post a Comment