Monday, April 26, 2004

What in the name of Ebunezer Ekuban is going on here?!

That was my first reaction when seeing what the Cowboys did in the draft this weekend. Julius Jones? True, he helped lead Notre Dame to what, 20 wins in the past four years? OK, I'm not gonna complain. Obviously, things look good for next year, with 2 first round picks. I just hope JJ can be a #1 back. I'm not sure we can ride Troy Hambrick's shoulders to the Super Bowl. We shall see. Put your faith in the Tuna, oh nation of Landry-ites.

What I really want to talk about is poor Eli Manning. I thought he was going to have to play for the big, bad Chargers. Aww, poor Eli. Did you see him when SD picked him? He was sulked up like a 2 year old kid who was expecting bananas & creme, but instead got a mouthful of creamed spinach. Good grief. What a spoiled, privileged brat! For some reason, unlike everyone else in the entire seven-round draft, Mister my-daddy-was-an-NFL-quarterback doesn't have to play for the team that drafts him. No, Mister-my-brother-is-an-NFL-quarterback gets to play where he wants. Hasn't he had enough privileges in his lifetime? Guess not. Daddy Archie comes to the rescue one more time, making the entire family look like spoiled, privileged jerks. And what is the deal with none of the sports reporters criticizing him? They're all bowing down at the feet of the Mannings. No one gave J.D. Drew a break when he did the exact same thing a few years ago in baseball. Well anyway, here's hoping Phil Rivers goes to San Diego or wherever he ends up and does well. He seems like a good guy.

Wow, that's about as riled up as I ever get. lol Oh, what about the NASCAR race yesterday? NASCAR now stands for Nearly Always Some Controversy Abounding Racing. Well, I thought the finish was setting up to be one of the best ever for a restrictor plate race. Normally, it's just one guy leading the last few laps with barely a challenge. But kudos to Gordon for darting inside to challenge Little E. They were side by side for a couple of laps until the caution came out. And a great job by the fans, too. Only in Alabama. How embarrassing. I'm sure Jeff Foxworthy just got his latest You Might Be A Redneck joke. I'm sure no other fans on the circuit will resort to that, but let's hope it doesn't become a trend everytime at Talladega, either. It could be dangerous, I guess. The scary part is the people who were doing it were no doubt either too drunk and/or too ignorant to know any better. lol

Ah, I see Hardees is spending (what hopefully is the last of) their advertising dollars for a Mark McGwire ad. What, are they putting andro in the burgers now? Just kidding. Wow, this has been a really different side of me today. The calm and kind Mother Teresa Bone will return in the next post. Have a good one.

"This love has taken its toll on me. She said goodbye too many times before. And her heart is breaking in front of me. I have no choice, cos I won't say goodbye anymore. I'll fix these broken things, repair your broken wings, and make sure everything's alright..."

No comments:

Post a Comment