Wednesday, April 07, 2004

What is it good for? Absolutely nothing. Huhhh!

You might be thinking that would be a good title for this blog, but I use that title today in honor of Jackie Chan, who turns 50 today. And they sing that song, of course, in Rush Hour.

I just thought of something funny from the Mister Rogers special I was watching the other night. They had a clip of GW Bush presenting him with some award, and he was like blah blah blah "...for Mister Rogerses Neighborhood." ROFL It's Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. No need for the extra -es on there, Einstein. I thought it was even funnier because it wasn't on The Daily Show or Letterman, but on a serious PBS special.

Went by to see Jessica yesterday after work. Hung out there awhile. Came home and got most of my laundry done. I still have one load in the dryer to fold. Got an Easter card from Lil Booty. She was like, "As I am writing this, the Seinfeld is on where George is supposed to take an IQ test and gets Elaine to take it for him." LOL How well do my friends know me? (That's "The Cafe", by the way.)

Stopped by to see my sister last night. While I was there, I was singing that "Yeah, yeah" song by Usher, and Sam (our dog) started barking. Well, his pen is probably 15-20 yards from the house, in the backyard. But he could clearly hear the excitement inside, causing him to bark. Well, I decided to start yelling "Who let the dogs out" and see if he would do the barking part after that, but he never would. However, when I would start saying "Yeah! Yeah!" again, he started barking. So he must like that song better or something. It was like:
"Who let the dogs out!!"
(silence)
"Yeah, yeah!!"
Bark... bark bark... bark.
"Who let the dogs out!"
(silence)

And on and on. It was funny, in a you-had-to-be-there sort of way. I see where the runner-up from The Apprentice will get to spend a week as chief sales officer for KFC, earning $25,000 and a year's supply of KFC products. Now the money is nice, I'm sure, but is a year's supply of KFC really a reward? I think not.

"I could lie to you and say I didn't mean it, but hurt's a funny thing and it makes you stronger. Well, all is nothing in moderation. It's a dirty feeling and it makes you stronger. Well I believe, that I'm just plain tired..."

No comments:

Post a Comment