Sunday, April 25, 2004

Husqvarna!!!!

That is the latest cry of frustration when you miss a shot in billiards or have another frustrating moment. "Husqvarna!!!" Try it. It works. It's fun. Almost like "Serenity Now!"

We got behind a truck last night with like some old dilapidated furniture and a bike hanging out the side, doing about 10 miles per hour. K was like, "What is this, Sanford and Son?" That's exactly what it looked like. I was like, "Hey Lamont! Move it along up there."

Yesterday consisted of work, lunch with Davina at Applebees, a trip to the mall to purchase some new shoes, tennis, billiards, a stop at J-Mo's, and dinner at Logan's. I couldn't decide on shoes. They didn't have my size in the pair of New Balance that I really liked. So I finally decided to go with some different ones. This girl came by to ask if I needed help like 3 times. She looked really familiar, so finally I was like, "Did you used to work somewhere else?" She was like, "No." ROFL WOOOOOOOOOO!!! Strike one! Man, I felt like Carrot Top in a 1-800-CALL-ATT commercial.

Billiards was actually pretty decent, except for about a 2-3 minutes span when this guy came to sit down and watch. I cannot play when a stranger is watching, unless it's a girl, then I feel like I have to make the shot or she will think I'm not a man. LOL Anyway, I missed like 4 shots in a row while that guy was sitting there. He got up and left. Clearly, he didn't want any of that action. He probably figured we were playing bad to try and hustle him.

Dinner was interesting. Jade from AB's was up there. Then we got seated with some guy and K asked if Brandie was working. She was, so we ended up moving to her section. She gave me a free salad. That's the second time in a row I've gotten that perk. Right after I ordered, Jennifer comes and puts this loaded baked potato down in front of me. I was like, "Uh, this isn't mine." She was like, "I know, it's mine." So she sat down to eat.

Me: "So why do you go to Applebees so much?"
Her: "Uh, look who's talking."
Me: "Oh.. yeah."
Her: "So why aren't you there tonight?"
Me (wanting to say, "because of you"): "Well, I was there for lunch today and dinner last night." LOL

She remarked that their female servers are much cuter. I had to concur. She's really cute, in a natural, real, Sandra Bullockish sorta way. Looks like we're close to attaining "regular" status there. I mentioned to her that we get free drinks at AB's, so maybe we'll start getting the same at Logan's.

Looks like I'm going to be helping Matt move some leftover furniture and stuff to his house this afternoon. Fun, fun, fun.

"Fifteen, there's still time for you, time to buy and time to lose. Fifteen, there's never a wish, better than this, when you've only got a hundred years to live..."

No comments:

Post a Comment