Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Adventures in Wal-Mart: Volume 7, Episode 3

If you listen unashamedly and sing along to Milli Vanilli and Michael Jackson music in your car, this blog's for you...

Went to Wal-Mart last night. I think this is becoming a big social event, especially in smaller towns and cities. Movies? Bowling? Nah. Just go to Wal-Mart. You don't even have to need anything. Just go, walk around. You're sure to see someone you know. Anyway, I filled my arms with $50 worth of stuff, somehow. Some jerk was in line in front of me talking on a cell phone, paying with a credit card. He apparently wasn't aware that you swipe your own card now, so it took him forever, and he's on his phone like, "No, I'm in Wal-Mart. Yeah. No, I bought a book. Blah blah blah." And my arms are full, and about to break, because I'm carrying a 12-pk of Sun-Drops, a box of Capri-Sun, a box of Little Debbies, some contact lens stuff, a CD, an adapter for my CD player, the cleaning solution, and some pop-tarts. And he takes for freakin' ever. (/end gripe) Anyway, the CD I got was GNR's Greatest Hits CD. I saw it for like $12.88 (watch out for falling prices.... yoooooowwwwww!!) and picked it up. So that'll be some new listening material for future Nashville trips.

I also bought this small container of high-tech cleaning solution. Well, I opened it and tried to pour some out. Nothing. I squeezed. Still nothing. So then I figured if I cut the end off of the plastic tube, it would come out. I cut some off. Nothing. I cut more off, til there was just like a nub. Still nothing. Then, the light bulb went off. I needed to get a pin to punch a hole in the end. Ahh. Yes. Magic. See, I catch on to these things pretty quickly. lol Or not. Things that make you feel dumb.

Finally, I had a really deep, emotional moment last night. While looking for a pin or something to punch a hole in the tube of cleaning stuff, I came across some old memorabilia in the chest of drawers. Among it was a letter from an ex-girlfriend, from 1997! I had no idea I had it. So I sat down and read it, two full pages. And I don't know if it was just the specific, vivid language, or maybe that it was just so unexpected, or what, but I was just overcome with emotion, for like five minutes. I mean, crap, this was from almost seven years ago, but still, I guess reading it brought right back to mind feelings from those days. Maybe I had some stuff pent-up that needed out, I don't know. It was extremely intense. But in a way, it felt good, if that makes any sense.

It's raining again today. I kinda like it though. I've been in the mood for rain the past couple of days. Just rain. No storms. Good sleeping weather.

"It's out of my hands. It's out of my hands. To think for two years she was here. And I took her for granted. I was so cavalier. Now the way that it stands, she's out of my hands..."

No comments:

Post a Comment