Thursday, February 19, 2004

The weather is here... wish you were beautiful...

Well, things have slowed down some at work. OK, well, not really. I've just decided to slow down and do less work. LOL

THE WEATHER IS SOOOO NICE!!!! It's neat how you can have like fifty straight cold, dreary, damp, cloudy, rainy, gloomy days, but one beautiful day just makes you forget all the bad. I am officially declaring today "The Nicest Day of 2004 So Far." Sunny and highs in the mid-60's is our forecast. It was pretty, but cooler yesterday. I went running. I needed it. People have stocked me up on junk food with my bday and VD being two days apart. I've got three boxes of candy here and a birthday cake which I've eaten two pieces of. I finished all but two of the chocolate oatmeal cookies that this lady at work made me. So, yeah. I need to quit.

There was an incident which occurred last night, which may just be a near-perfect microcosm of my singledom. I got invited over to a cute chick's house, but I decided it was more important to stay here and get some rest because I had to work in the morning. Hmm. Wow, that hearkens back to days of Kyle and Liz...

L: "I've got to finish moving tonight after work. I started last night but got so tired I fell asleep on the couch."
(long period of silence... J kicks K under the table)
K: "Well, I've gotta go to work in the morning."
Woooooooooo!!!!!!!

In Seinfeld news, "The Blood" was on last night. That's the episode with Kelly Waymire, who passed away last year, at like 36.

Kramer: "Well, somebody's baby-sitting."
Elaine: "You? I'm more responsible than you are."
Kramer: "Don't be ridiculous... Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to fill my freezer with my own blood." ROFL

Went by to see my sister. She was watching Newlyweds. I caught the end of it. (Amber, aren't you proud?) He was trying to make a deal or something where she would guarantee to give him some three times a week for a year. Maybe I have a big misconception of marriage, but you've only been married a few months and already you're having to deal to get it three times a week? That's kinda sad. But like I say, my idea of marriage and reality might be completely different. Probably is. lol

Had a frozen pizza for dinner last night. There is no doubt that for the rest of my life, everytime I have a frozen pizza, I will remember the "Frozen Pizza Disaster of 1/25/04." Blech!!

Thought for the day: Look for contentment in material things, and you will never find it.

"Now I don't understand what happened to our love. Babe, I'm gonna get you back. I'm gonna show you what I'm made of. I can see you. Your brown skin shinin' in the sun. I see you walkin' real slow and smilin' at everyone..."

No comments:

Post a Comment