Saturday, February 07, 2004

Quintessential Winter Day

That's what was today was to me. Cold and gray and windy. The streets around here seemed much emptier than normal. And me? Well, my body apparently decided it was time to catch up on sleep. Six months of five or six hours per night must've finally caught up with me. I got in this morning around 3:00. Got to bed about 4:30. Woke up at 11. Then laid back down around 2 and slept til 4:30. Hmmm, looking at it like that, I only got nine hours total. Still, I needed it, no doubt.

That brings to mind what I like to call my "sleep-exercise conundrum." When I get home in the afternoons, I am usually so tired that I skip out on running or whatever. This is undoubtedly caused by going to bed between 11 and 12 and getting up at 5:15 every morning. Those sort of hours never seemed to bother me years ago. But apparently I now need a little more rest. So, the answer would seem to be simple--get to bed earlier. Yet, for some reason, I seem to have a real problem doing that. I know I need to, but night after night after night, it is usually 11 or 11:30 before I lie down. (prepare for overused thought-ending phrase...) Oh well. LOL

All this did lead to a recent funny:
Me: "So how many hours of sleep do you get each night?"
K: "I probably average eleven or twelve." ROFL

Other recent funnies:
"Just go into a blackout period before Valentine's Day, man. That's what Jon's doing."
"Dude, I don't have to impose a voluntary blackout period. The blackout period just happens on its own."

"Interesting search string for my website: day in the life of average bachelor blog applebee's"
"That's you... except you're not exactly a bachelor... since that doesn't involve living with your parents."

"What you need, I hope it finds you someday. But for me I've gotta be on my way. When you realize what was lost, I hope you find it was worth the cost. Cause it would break my heart to know you finally came around, a little too late..."

No comments:

Post a Comment