OK, so I finally decided to join hundreds of other bloggers. It's all in good fun.
The Friday Five
1. What's the most daring thing you've ever done?
Climbing in a girl's bedroom window while her parents were asleep... several times.
2. What one thing would you like to try that your mother/friend/significant other would never approve of?
Hang-gliding. Or lying on the interstate to test the ground clearance of an 18-wheeler. Although I'm not sure anyone would disapprove. Or maybe moving to New York.
3. On a scale of 1-10, what's your risk factor? (1=never take risks, 10=it's a lifestyle)
5 - I'm pretty level-headed. But I guess up and quitting your job with no definite plan for the future was risky... or stupid. There's a difference between a calculated risk and pure stupidity. The key is risk management. "Ovaltine. Why do they call it ovaltine? The mug is round. The can is round. Should call it Roundtine." What?
4. What's the best thing that's ever happened to you as a result of being bold/risky?
Ended up getting engaged to the girl whose window I climbed thru ;-)
5. ... and what's the worst?
Was unemployed for nearly a month when I up and quit my job a few years ago.
My other great dare was taking someone else's table when their name was called at Lambert's a few years ago, and they never came up to claim it. Saved us about a 30-45 minute wait. Yes, I'm a regular daredevil.
Oh, and don't forget climbing over the rail of a balcony and scaling down a pole to save a few friends. That was oh so recent.
"Reach down your hand in your pocket, and pull out some hope for me. It's been a long day. Always, ain't that right..."