Tuesday, February 03, 2004

A Look Back At Enero

Before I begin... well, I've already begun, I guess. Hmmm... (smoke coming out ears) Anyway, while watching the Super Bowl the other night, Ricky Proehl caught a couple of passes, and I'm like, "Ricky Proehl? Wasn't he on Tecmo Super Bowl?" ROFL We agreed that he was. I was like, "Wow, he's been around a long time." So we start trying to figure out what current NFL players were on Tecmo Super Bowl (which was a kickin' football game for the original Nintendo). Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Tim Brown, Rodney Peete, and Gary Anderson were the only ones we could come up with. LOL I'm sure there are more. But that's been a long time ago. I guess it was 1990 or 91. I remember even Favre wasn't on there, because Green Bay's starting QB was Don Majkowski. LOL As disturbing as it is that I remember that... hmm.. well, I really have nothing to finish that statement with. Wow, that was back in th' day when my thumbs used to get blisters from pressing that game pad and the A and B buttons so hard and so often. Four running plays and four passing plays. LOL I remember the quarters were like 5 minutes long and the kickoff would take like 30-40 seconds. ROFL Ahh... memories...

Now, looking back, January was a wonderful month in the Life De Bone. I guess it probably has as much to do with my outlook as anything. It's amazing how much my outlook has changed in the past few months. I'm thankful. February. The first thing that comes to mind when I say that word is.. my birthday. Hopefully, someone will remember it. LOL I think I might take that day off from blogging. We'll see.

Unfortunately, I sense and see a lot of my friends struggling with things, being depressed or just not able to find contentment. I wish I could help more. I want to help. I just don't always know what to do or say. Some of the things I say often sound so cliche, but they're true, as most cliches are.

One thing I do know is that January flew by, seemingly faster than any month I can recall. Let us not wish away our todays, longing for tomorrow. Let us not miss our todays, longing to return to yesterday. I can see the passing of time. I can feel the cold winds of tomorrow, even while I hear voices calling me back to yesterday, but I must live today. Here. Now.

"Right here, right now, there is no other place I wanna be. Right here, right now, watching the world wake up from history..."

No comments:

Post a Comment