Friday, March 19, 2004

It's Gonna Be A Bright, Sunshiny Day

It's beautiful outside here. I hope to get out and enjoy it a bit, either go for a run or go over to Dad's and cut the grass... or both. Went to the visitation last night. I had never been to a child's funeral or visitation before. I can't imagine having to stand there and look at the body of my child for two or three hours. I can't imagine how painful that must be. Anyway, I saw and talked to Bobbie, her sister, and her mother. It was really good to see her mother again. She said, "It's good to see you. I just wish it was under different circumstances." :-( Exactly. You try to console people, but really, in those situations, there's not a lot you can say. I think your presence probably says more than anything, just knowing there is someone else that cares. Anyway, I probably stayed less than ten minutes. Signed the guestbook and left.

Headed to Applebees after that to get some food. Sat with Donna. Holly, Devin, and Beth were working. I think maybe I need to dress up more often. I thought Shirley was going to have a seizure seeing me in a shirt and tie. Holly was the only one who didn't act surprised. Hmm. After that, we went to shoot a few games of pool. I played pretty well, except for the times I was trying to play while talking on the cell phone. LOL The place was dead, although there was a VERY GOOD female singer singing and playing guitar up there. Beth and Chad came in right before we got ready to leave. That's about it. I guess it's time to check out the Friday Five.

"Fifteen, there's still time for you. Time to buy and time to lose. Fifteen, there's never a wish better than this, when you only got 100 years to live..."

No comments:

Post a Comment