Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Two One guy and a truck

Yesterday was moving day. Well, in a sense. I was blessed to get a new couch, as well as a washer and dryer. Woohoo! The moving guy (yes it was just one guy) got there around 4:30 yesterday. I'm not sure flipping the couch over end-to-end is the best way to get it up the sidewalk ;-) Anyway, before he left, I offered him a soft drink. Nice etiquette, huh? Well, I learned that from The Couch episode of Seinfeld:

K: Did you offer those guys a drink?
J: Uh, no. Should I have?
K: What kind of a person are you?
J: I don't know.
-------------
J: So anyway, when they were in my house before, I didn't offer them anything to drink.
E: Well, they're real men, Jerry. They get sweaty.
J: So, anyone sweaty comes into your house has to be offered a drink?
E: Yes.

You have no idea how nice it is to have a washer and dryer. It's the first time I've had one since I moved out many years ago. So my clothes should smell much better now, huh ;-) After that, Jess came over and we went to eat at the steak house. And who should I run into up there but Davina Divine. I have not seen her in so long, so we caught up for a minute.

Next, it was rearranging time. Jess had to go to a visitation at the funeral home. Mom came over. We got the living room moved into the big front room, which is where the pool table was, until I sold it a couple of weeks ago. Then, we moved my bedroom into the room where the living room had been. Got all the big stuff moved. Just have a few things to straighten up and put away. I had some good help. I am so thankful.

One interesting thing happened with the moving guy yesterday. He was saying how he couldn't find his cell phone, and he was going to have to go back to work and look for it. He said, "I've been calling it all day though, and no one has heard it ring." I said, "Well, that's not good. Hopefully, no one picked it up and walked off with it." (Keep in mind, I was in the store earlier yesterday.) So a moment later, my phone rings. It's in my pocket. As I reach for it, I notice he reaches for his pocket, as well. So when I get off, he said, "When I heard your phone ring, I was reaching for mine, because I have that same exact ring." Hmmm. So anyway, before he leaves, he was like, "Do you mind if I use your phone to call the store and let her know I'm done and I'm on my way back." I said, "Sure." So when I give it to him, he's like, "This is exactly like my phone." lol He probably thinks I stole his phone.

In closing, I just have to share this, which I just recalled from a couple of weeks ago. When I was going thru stuff for the yard sale, came across this note in my closet that read: "I stole your Celine Dion CD. Love ya, Meredith." AAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAA!!! I knew it!! In memory:

"If I kiss you like this, and if you whisper like that. It was lost long ago, but it's all coming back to me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment