Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Today I shall play Castlevania!

I think all commercials for feminine hygiene products and male enhancement drugs should begin with a warning. That way, you could change the channel if you wanted. And it should be mandatory, too, like the surgeon general's warning on cigarettes. WARNING: The following could cause loss of appetite, yada yada yada...

Well, yesterday wasn't too bad for a Monday. An adoring fan brought a cake and a tshirt to work. I hope to post a pic of the shirt soon. After work, I crashed on the couch for about two hours. Decided to head into town. K showed me a couple minutes of their performance Sunday. What I heard sounded good. Looking forward to the launch of blackbart.com soon.

We headed over to Rhino Games so that I could exchange my defective power adapter. I got a new one, and also picked up three games, including 1942. The guy was like, "Have you ever played 1943?" What, was I raised in the Soviet Union or something? Of course I've played 1943. We commenced to get into a debate over which was better. I said 1942. He disagreed. At some point during this discussion, I cracked my 1942 game across his head. (Just kidding.)

After that, it was off to Applebees, land of tasty delights. Beth was like, "I haven't seen you in forever." For real, girl. We got there around 8:45, but decided to wait until 9:00 to order, because that's when the half-price appetizers kick in. Got home and realized I don't have something right with my RF adapter. Ugh. I guess I'll run to Wal-Mart today and see if I can find what I need."

Fun quotes:
"I have three Nintendos and over four hundred and fifty games."
"...and no girlfriend."
"What does he do, put all the games in a big lottery drum, crank it round and round, and pull one out? Ah, today I shall play Castlevania!"

"Communicating with chicks telepathically for thirty years."

"If I buy Dragon Warrior, I'll never be able to get anything done."

"Do you know any cheats for Commando?"

"And I don't want you to feel sorry for me. You never gave us a chance to be. And I don't need you to be by my side, to tell me that everything's alright. I just wanted you to tell me the truth. You know I'd do that for you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment