Saturday, September 25, 2004

Narcolepsy/Cable/DSL

Anyone know what narcolepsy feels like? Wow, I passed out again yesterday. Seems to be a recurring Friday night thing. K and I met up at Logan's around 9:30 last night for dinnuh. I haven't been there in several weeks, so I saw many people I haven't seen in awhile. One of the girls in my sister's wedding, Leslie, was up there eating. Another former Applebee's employee, Jennifer M. (aka Rainbow Brite) is now working up there. Shane's identical twin was working as well.

OK, I have a question. Let me start by admitting something that I'm sure will immediately open me up to scorn, ridicule, and great shame. I still have dial-up internet. OK, go ahead, deride. Deride, if you must. But I am now looking into DSL or cable internet. I was wondering which is better. What are the pros and cons of each? Is one more likely to go out than the other? Or are the differences pretty much negligible? I have heard good things about DSL, but more people that I know seem to have cable. Oh yeah, and is my TRS-80 compatible with high-speed internet?

Wow, I'm glad that's off my chest. I feel like Pete Rose after he admitted to gambling, like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm like a phoenix, rising from Arizona. Or something

Big game today. I am nervous as all get-out for some reason. This will be the first real test of the season, on the road at Arkansas. I'll probably go watch it on the big screen. New QB making his first start today. This one will tell a lot about the rest of the season.

This guy thinks the Tide will be 7-0 going into the Tennessee game, even after the Croyle injury. He lists Alabama as one of the teams misjudged in the preseason. Oh boy. Am I nervous. 2:30 PM on CBS. Don't miss it. Roll Tide!

"If I could make this old town new again, color other than blue again, I'd have something to do again, instead of thinking 'bout you again. But the people I know, the places I go, remind me of you. Won't somebody come around, and make this old town new..."

4 comments:

  1. You still use DIALUP?!!!! :)

    Who is the cable provider in your area? I've heard REALLY bad things about Charter's service, but my brother in HSV has Knology, and he rarely has issues.

    We have DSL with BellSouth, and our service has been good. BellSouth also has new phone/satellite/cell/DSL packages that might save you some $$.

    kerry [at] webgrits [dot] net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we have Charter. I think I am leaning DSL. I'm already giving enough of my money to Charter every month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have regular cable and DSL for 70 dollars a month. I like it a lot and of course you know all this because you come to my house so if you like my set up, you could go with that. Just whatever you like. I just don't like the box like you have cause you pay a buttload for it and it's only in one room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the costs are relatively close, DSL is a little better.

    ReplyDelete