Wednesday, September 29, 2004

555-FILK and Incidental Milk?

"What's filk?"
"Filk's nothing."
"But 555-FILM is movie phone."

Greetings, salutations, shalom...
What does your phone number spell?
There's a neat little site to mess around on, or if you're getting a new number or business line or something. My number didn't really spell much. The last four digits of my home number spell HiFi. K's number was ###-PECK. Tee hee.

I've been searching around online. Looks like good ol' WalMart.com has the cheapest pre-order price for the Seinfeld DVD Gift Set. $77.86. Which is a few cents cheaper than amazon.com. They're $77.97. Plus Wal-Mart has the low price guarantee. Can't beat that. 80 bucks for the first three seasons, plus all the extras, is definitely worth it to me. Although some guy named Brody can supposedly cut me a deal on some bootleg copies. He's quite a character.

Speaking of Seinfeld, I just noticed this message yesterday on my Junior Mints: "Allergen Information: Manufactured on shared equipment with milk-containing products. Incidental milk may be present."

Incidental milk? What the crap? There's a new catch phrase. Try to work that into your daily conversation. "Excuse me, ma'am, but I believe you've got some incidental milk there on your shirt." Besides, I'm lactose-intolerant. (OK, not really.) But basically what they're saying is that we manufacture other things on the same conveyor, which is probably not really very clean in the first place, so there's no telling what's in your mints. That's probably what makes them so minty.

"I've been searching high, high, high. I've been searching low. Ba ba ba ba, ba ba ba ba, baby, don't forget my number. Ba ba ba ba, ba ba ba ba, baby, love is stronger than thunder..."

No comments:

Post a Comment