Thursday, September 09, 2004

In The News

I came across this article today in the local paper.

"Suicide kills more people in Alabama each year than homicides."
"Alabama recorded 515 suicides and 416 homicides in 2002, the latest statistics available."

Wow, I had no idea. So I did some searching and found another article: More Killed By Suicide Than War

"World Health Organization figures show a suicide takes place somewhere in the world every 40 seconds. The numbers are highest in Europe's Baltic states, where around 40 people per 100,000 commit suicide each year."

That's sad. I know a lot of people who are depressed a lot, but I guess I never really seriously think they would take their own life. I'm sure the family members of most who do never thought they would either though. On to other, better news:

House Committee Calls NCAA Hearing

"The NCAA's repeated failure to adopt meaningful reforms that afford even the most basic due process makes it apparent that this problem will not be resolved by the NCAA unilaterally," Bachus said Wednesday in a statement.

Clearly. Well, this is a bit overdue, but good to see something happening anyway.

Ivana Trump Will Have Her Own Fox Reality Show

"Ivana Trump will choose eight young bachelors to compete for the affections of a single but successful older woman, probably in her 40s, who will then rely on Trump to help her winnow the group of suitors to two finalists before picking the winner."

WOOOOO, I know some people who would be all over that right there. Or, I'm all over that myself. Whichever.

"We took one more trip around the sun, but it was all make believe in the end. No, I can't say where she is today. I can't remember who I was back then..."

2 comments:

  1. move over ivana trump i'm single and mature or older whichever lol i'll let bonester tell you . I think the most sucessful ladies are the ones that choose husband and kids over the 6 figure income. SO i guess that one disqualifies me from your show but OH WELL . BUT if I wasn't i would pick you bone your a sweetheart in my book .

    ps hope the swelling goes down in yur foot little darling WHAT rofl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Darling?

    Hmmmmm. Ok.

    ReplyDelete