Friday, September 24, 2004

The Comeback...

"Oh yeah, Riley? Well the jerkstore just called, and they're runnin' out of you."

Like Michael Jordan in 1994... and again in 2001, Bone made his long-awaited return to the game of billiards Thursday evening, following a short hiatus due to injury. Declaring himself to be about 70%, Bone was able to shake off the rust during the first couple of games and return to the familiar form everyone is used to by the end of the evening.

Well, that was a lot of fun. After that, we headed up to Applebees. I told Donna I had finally seen the country music video that Charity and Holly are in on CMT. Well, she didn't hear me so well. It was like, "I saw that video today." She gave me this weird look when I said that. Kind of a "No one was supposed to see that video" look. Or a "I didn't know there were any more copies of that video still in circulation" look.

Last night's celebrity sighting: Eric and Lyle Menendez at the Decatur Applebee's. (Shouldn't they still be in prison?)

Oh, the free cable channels that I blogged about a few days ago turned out to be just a VHF mirage. I guess it was just some kind of trial thing, because they were gone after Monday.

And now it's time for everyone's favorite new feature here on IYROOBTY, the Friday Flashback. This week, we go back to January 2004 for this little gem from another trip to Nashville. (Why do all the fun times seem to happen up there?) Anyhow, I like to call this The Name That Tune story. Enjoy:

"Somehow we got to playing this "name that tune" game. And I was like, "What do you want me to hum?" Shane said, "Hotel California." So I started humming it and Tammy was like, "I know! Hotel California." So I was like, "Yeah, you're the winner." Melody chimes in with, "What was it?" lol It was funny. Maybe you had to be there. Of course, there was no room for anyone else in the car, so...."

NES funnies:
"I hate when that cloud starts spitting out those prickly things."

"Last night, I lobbed a grenade in the middle of the desert. This gas can looking thing popped up. So I get it, and a helicopter came and picked me up and took me to the end of the level."
"I never remember seeing that. You'll have to show me."

Oh, by the way, there is now one more Bama fan in the world. CONGRATULATIONS TO JACK AND PAIGE! Corey Jack was born Tuesday, September 21st. Now as scary as it is to think that Jack is now a father... Hmm, now where was I going with that? Seriously, congratulations guys! I know you read my blog often... or have never even seen my blog. Whichever.

"Cos I don't wanna see me leavin' in her eyes. And I can't stand to watch her watch me make her cry. I don't know a right way I can do her wrong. So I don't wanna be here in the morning, when she wakes up and finds me gone..."

No comments:

Post a Comment