Monday, May 24, 2004

Busy Weekend = Long Entry

I guess in a way it was a long weekend, in that it was exhausting, but it seems like I woke up Saturday morning to get ready for work. Then I turned around and it was Monday morning. Seriously, I was home for all of about 3 waking hours Saturday and Sunday combined.

After work Saturday, Mom called and wanted me to meet her at the cemetery, because they had already put the flowers out. That is about a 30 minute drive from where I was when she called, but I figured it would be good to go, since I was going to have to film Sunday. Everything was really pretty. I have this one great uncle, who is like around 80 I would say, and every year, he decorates my great-grandmother and great-grandfather's graves. I think that is the sweetest thing. I don't know if any of you have decoration where you are, or maybe it is just a regional thing here. Maybe just a small town thing. Or maybe it is called something else where you are, but it is just where once a year families buy new flowers and bring them to the graves. It is really a strong tradition on Mom's side of the family.

Got home from that at nearly 4:00. Watched a few minutes of the Bama/UCLA NCAA tournament softball game. Kyle called about 5:30 and said they were going to get something to eat before the recital, so I headed on over there. I thought that filming went well. The recital really isn't too bad. It was based on The Wizard of Oz, and since I have never seen that movie, it was all new to me ;-) Got done around 10:30 and headed to Applebees. It was pretty deserted, looking like Dennis Kucinich campaign headquarters in there. But it was like old times, sitting in booth 66 again. Donna made Shane and me a couple of delicious oreo shakes. Charity came over and Shane was telling her she should go to open mike night at The Bluebird. Got home about 12:15, I think. I was planning to lie on the couch for a second, then get up and check my email. Next thing I knew, it was 6:00 AM.

After church Sunday, Jessica called wanting me to come by there. Mom had cooked and was wanting me to come eat dinner. Plus, I had to be at the Princess by at least 1:30 to film again. I could tell Mom was so disappointed when I told her I wasn't going to be able to come by. I was being pulled in so many different directions. I felt like Stretch Armstrong. Eventually, Jessica said she would just see me Monday, so I called Mom back and went to have dinner with them. Went straight from there to the Princess for a second day of filming. Got done about 5:30 and K and I headed to Ruby Tuesday's.

That brings us to the Tale of the Server Who Couldn't. I am not exaggerating at all when I say she took our order, brought our drinks and food, and brought our check. She never came by to check on us or refill our drinks. Then, to top it off, when she brought the check, I had like half my fish left and my tea was bone dry. She starts to walk off and I'm like, "Uh, excuse me... can I get some more tea?" Wow, that was pathetic.

Went to Wal-Mart after that to pick up some groceries. Murphy USA had gas for $1.83, and man, cars were lined up two and three deep at the pumps. I went on into Wal-Mart and it wasn't quite as crowded when I came out. K called and we decided to go hit some tennis at Wilson Morgan. There were like nine women up there, and me and Kyle. We discovered that, as a guy, there are some things you just can't help looking at. It's a rule... a reflex.

Jill and Lindsay were up there. Wow, haven't seen them in forever... literally :-D Oh, the ice cream truck was riding around the parking lot when we first got there, playing some Beethoven music. I mean, where does this guy get his music? Is there an ice cream truck music store? "Hey Sid, what will it be?" "Uh, give me that hits of the 70's tape. I need some Steppenwolf." Or do the trucks come with preprogrammed music, a few preselected songs? Beethoven, Sesame Street theme, I've Been Workin' on the Railroad... Who knows?

Anyhow, got home around 11:30. Where did the weekend go? I am a little sore from all the tennis and running last night. My right calf is one gargantuan monkey fist. OK, I just got an IM from SxyJennyqli9341: "Hey cutsie, do you have a girlfriend? I hope not!" Gotta go. WOOOOOOOO!!!!

Random funnies:
Lady at tennis court: "We should play doubles."
Me: "Pffft."

"The problem is, they're not psycho until after you date them."

"Wow, a 16-year-old boy with the ability to talk to girls could really have some fun in this place."

Jill: "We're good. We're like Venus and Serena."
Me (thinking to myself): "Yeah, maybe when they were 3 years old."

"It must have been love, but it's over now. It must have been good, but I lost it somehow. It must have been love, but it's over now. From the moment we touched, 'til the time had run out..."

1 comment: