Friday, October 01, 2004

Who's My Daddy!!!

One of my favorite sayings/early childhood lessons was this:
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Who's my daddy?!
My sister checked my little cousin out of school yesterday and spent the afternoon with her. She brought her by my place last night. As a lot of you know, I love that little girl to death. She has just started school this year. Anyway, she noticed my nerf basketball goal in the living room and started shooting at it. Whenever she would make it, she would yell, "Who my daddy!!!" lol Now, those of you who have met her can just imagine how funny that was. How cute! Sis and I were rollin'.

Other stuff
Watched a few minutes of the debate. Kerry introduced the term "proliferation." lol Now, that's just not fair. It was like Bush was looking for an easier to pronounce synonym, but it just wasn't happening. K came into town and we ate at the steak house. (No, she wasn't there.) Jessica got some flowers for Mom for her birthday. I thought that was really sweet.

Friday Flashback
Ah, now I know why you are all huddled around here. You're waiting for the Friday Flashback. Well, for this week's flashback, I thought I'd go way back to the old AOL blog for this really sad story:

When I was in 4th grade, I had these two friends, Tina and Marge. Well we had a spelling bee, and I was in it, cause I was smart like that. It got down to like the final three people, and I misspelled a word. Well I was disappointed, but you know, it was ok, cause I'd made it pretty far, and I didn't want to go to like the county spelling bee anyway, cause that was nerdy and stuff. But I looked at the back of the room and Tina and Marge were all upset and stuff. So you know what I did? I walked back there to where they were and said, "Don't cry for me, Marge and Tina."

And that's today's Friday Flashback. If you were actually a regular reader of my blog at that time, well, I'm sorry. Have a great weekend! I will be gone to the Bama game tomorrow, then probably doing stuff for Mom's birthday on Sunday.

Random fun:
"What did you do with that cake?"
"Oh, um, we're done with it."

"I just live vicariously thru you... which is beyond sad."

"Well, I got an invitation for a shower in the mail, but it was one of those generic ones, so I didn't figure they knew if it was a boy or a girl."
(walks away)
"...or he just bought the cheapest ones he could find."

"These are the days that make up the lifetimes. These are the clothes that I wear. And this is the only thing I wanted, more than anything..."

No comments:

Post a Comment