Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Flu Shot Insanity

Iowa Mall To Hold Flu Shot Lottery

Now, I've never had a flu shot, but that seems like craziness.

Rainy days always make me think of you
When I stepped outside this morning, it was raining so hard I was looking for the peak of Mount Ararat. And since I'm way too manly (or way too stupid) to carry an umbrella, I took off running for the truck... except that... I can't run. So my foot hurted bad.

Did you just say the rines are crossed?
Had to call BellSouth yesterday because there's trouble on my line. I would have tried to fix it on my own, but they said if I did that one more time that I'd never be able to get phone service from them again. What? The line has been getting quite staticy over the past few weeks, especially when it had rained. Then the other night, the rines got crossed and I overheard part of someone's conversation, which was pretty cool.

Evaluate Your Life
Today is Evaluate Your Life Day, billed by its creators as a day "to encourage everyone to check and see if they're really headed where they want to be." More likely, it's a day meant to make people realize they're not where they want to be, probably not even close. But if you must take an overview, let me suggest the words of the always inspirational George Louis Costanza: "If you take everything I've accomplished in my entire life and condense it down into one day, it looks decent."

Is there something I should know?
Oh yeah, don't miss Duran Duran tonight on Jay Leno. Now, you're probably wondering like I was wondering... is this the original Duran Duran, or is this gonna be like some Lynyrd Skynyrd or Beach Boys show where there's only like one original member still alive and whose brain hasn't been completely fried by years of drinking and drug use? Well, according to my daily update from the official Duran Duran website (what?), the band's new album, Astronaut, is the first in 21 years to feature the five original members... which would be Simon, Nick, Andy.... um.. George and Ringo. Yeah.

"Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand, just like that river twisting through a dusty land. And when she shines, she really shows you all she can. Oh Rio, Rio, dance across the Rio Grande..."

No comments:

Post a Comment