Friday, October 08, 2004

A flashback sure to make you laugh

Sometimes I like including words like Taliban, missile, or Dick Cheney, just to ensure the FBI is still reading my blog...

Lunch lady land
Guess what I had for lunch yesterday? Sloppy Joes. Slop, Sloppy Joes. Last night was cajun night at RHG, so that's where we went for dinner. I had some seafood gumbo. It was decent. I'm gettin' hungry again.

Good people and tires
I tell you what, some people are just good, thru and thru, and they make the world a little bit better place to be. I went to get my tires rotated and balanced after work. The guy always cuts me an awesome deal. Well, I was telling him I thought I needed some brake shoes. I know, I should change them myself :-/ Anyhow, he's going to give me the pads and shoes at his cost, plus he's giving me 33% off his normal labor charge. I tried to tell him I would just pay regular price.

Well, that's enough right there. But you don't even know the tough time this guy has had. I won't go into details here, because it's his business, but it seems like bad things just keep happening. And when I say bad, I mean I really don't know how he stays in business. Honestly, a couple of things have happened to him, one of which would have probably wiped anyone else out. I just hope someday I can be the type of person that affects people in a positive way like that.

Friday Flashback
For today's flashback, we go back to this past February for this little gem, which once again happened in Nashville. I like to call this The Revolving Door Story. Enjoy:

Some really funny stuff happened at the Hard Rock. First of all, Kyle heads into the wrong side of the revolving door and it won't budge. So I just kinda stand back and laugh. So I start in the right side and for some reason, unbeknownst to heterosexual man, Kyle gets in the same little compartment as me. LOL Dude. Then the door gets stuck and won't push, and he's like "Oh (expletive), my foot is hung. Go! Go!" ROFL Fortunately, all this happened in a matter of ten seconds, but it seemed longer. It was quite funny.

You can imagine the looks we got once we were inside the restaurant :-) Have a super terrific weekend!

"Woke up in the morning, put on my new plastic glove. Served some re-heated salsbury steak, with a little slice of love. Got no clue what the chicken pot pie is made of. Just know everything's doing fine, down here in Lunch Lady Land..."

No comments:

Post a Comment