Monday, October 25, 2004

In a van down by the river

It is just me, or is the World Series just a wee bit anti-climatic after that Yankees/Red Sox series? I mean, obviously not to SL or Red Sox fans. But to the general baseball fan. It's kinda like the old Cowboy/49er NFC Championship games. You always wished they could meet in the Super Bowl. Or like Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi in the semifinals of the US Open. Sure you want them to win the finals, but it can't live up to the semifinal. Or it'd be kinda like me going out with Charlize Theron, then having a date with some girl I've always wanted to go out with my whole life. I mean, sure this girl is nice, but I've already been out with Charlize. Ya know?

Seinfeld Trivia
What book is Newman reading while Kramer soaks in the hot tub after getting sunburned? (Hint: It was also a movie.)

Friday's answer was Latvian Orthodox. ("The Conversion") George even cheated on his conversion test, but in the end it wasn't enough. His girlfriend tells him she's not ready for a commitment because she's planning to spend a year in Latvia.

Motivationally speaking
"Now you kids are probably thinking, hey I'm gonna go out there and get the world by the tail, wrap it around, pull it down, and put it in your pocket. But I'm here to tell you that as you go out there, that you're probably gonna find out that you're not gonna amount to JACK SQUAT!!" ROFL

Oh man, every school kid should hear that speech. That is my favorite SNL skit, I think, ever... motivational speaker Matt Foley. I bought the best of Chris Farley the other night at Best Buy and watched it last night.

Sunday nights
There's something about Sundays, especially Sunday nights, that feel lonesome to me. (Feels like I've blogged this before.) I suppose part of it is that the weekend is ending. The end of something is often sad. There's not as much to do on Sunday nights, and no matter how much you find to do, you can't put off Monday. But it's more than that. I can't explain it. I'm not even completely sure why it feels like that, but Sunday nights always leave me with a lonesome, melancholy, terminal feeling.

Bone's financial advice
Kyle was carrying around 3 DVD's the other night and as we were getting ready to leave, he put them down and was like, "Eh, I don't need to buy these."
So I responded with the following financial advice. Feel free to apply it to your own life:
"Sure you can. Just pretend you had a date tonight, and this is the money you would have spent on her."
"Hmmm... OK."
"See? That's the good thing about being single."

"I'm no good just believing in someone else. Would you think I were weak if I just break down? Oh no, it's coming on again. Hold on, it won't take long. Blue Monday, it's a big Monday ahead..."

3 comments:

  1. Red Sox boring? Never! The interest is in seeing if they will really reverse the curse. I think they'll do it in 6, but others are no so sure. Plus, St. Louis plays really well at home, so they could win a few of the next games.

    kerry [at] webgrits [dot] net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not boring. Just not like the Yankees/Sox series. Yeah, I don't think Boston fans will breathe easy until the very last out is recorded. If I recall, they were up 2-0 in '86 on the Mets ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Cards!!!!!

    cg

    ReplyDelete