Friday, October 29, 2004

The fizz in a Pepper

Well, I have to begin writing my novel in 3 days, and I have NO IDEA!! Pendant Publishing is not going to be happy. Maybe I could write a novel about nothing. Hmmm. Anyway, today's blog includes a couple of features I hope you enjoy, the Friday Flashback and Search String Hysteria.

Seinfeld Trivia
What fake charity does George give out donation cards for as Christmas gifts at Kruger Industrial Smoothing?

Yesterday's answer was indeed Snoopy and Prickly Pete. ("The Wizard")

Car Wash
While staring outside thru the door of the compound yesterday, I noticed my truck looked like I had covered it in glue or some other clear adhesive and then driven it thru the Sahara Desert. So I took it to the car wash last night. Watched some football. ESPN and ESPN2 will have a college football game on for 19 straight nights, beginning with last night. I'm giddy!! Went to Wal-Mart to buy some Halloween candy, among other stuff. I hope you've heard Seinfeld's excellent Halloween bit from "I'm Telling You For The Last Time." "Of course, my mother makes me wear my winter coat over the costume anyway. I don't recall Superman wearing a jacket." May have to look some of that up and post it later.

Search String Hysteria
Oh, those crazy googlers and yahooers. Recent searches for my site:
- sissy girl spanked pictures (This month's winner!)
- "shoot George Bush"
- sexy Rio hotties (hey, I'm with ya on that one)
- what does "fizz in a pepper" mean
- me names jeremy "no more" girl used kansas city mo hair 2004 love HIM hate die (do huh?)
- lady aberlin pics (dude, seriously)
- "Like Mike, If I could be like Mike" lyrics
- seinfeld dreaded device kramer (I believe you mean the dreaded apparatus.)

What does "fizz in a pepper" mean?
The most popular search over the past couple of weeks has been related to the Tim McGraw song, "Back When." Well, here are the lyrics for you. As far as this particular phrase, I am fairly certain it refers to the practice of putting peanuts in a Coke, or in this case, a Dr. Pepper, and the fizz that results. Yes, this is done, especially here in the South. Well, maybe not so much anymore. I guess that's the point of the song. You should try it sometime. Works much better in a bottle, rather than a can ;-)

Friday Flashback
It's time for the Friday Flashback, because nothing good ever happens anymore. So many memorable events happened on the lake house trip in January. This particular one, I like to call the James Brown story. Enjoy:

And now it's time for "Playing Cranium with a bunch of white people":
So there's this one part of Cranium where you describe a famous person. You can talk and move, but you can't say names of people or places. So here were my clues:
"I am the godfather of soul."
"I was in prison for awhile, and people wore t-shirts that said, free me."
OK, now can you not guess who that is? No one at the lake house knew who I was talking about. I would think the first clue would be a dead giveaway.

"So don't delay, act now, supplies are running out. Allow if you're still alive, six to eight years to arrive. And if you follow there may be a tomorrow. But if the offer is shunned, you might as well be walkin' on the sun..."

No comments:

Post a Comment